file Curiosity Sol 1450 3 statues and hieroglyphs?

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #6891 by samson
Hello everyone. First post here. I've just recently started looking thru some of the rover pictures and have found some interesting things that I havent seen touched on much. That I would love to get some others opinions on.

So in this image all I have done is add some areas near a few of the anomalies. There are more than what I marked, but these are the most obvious ones to see without enhancements.

First I want to touch on the arrow furthest to the right. There appears to be a arrowhead shaped rock that is flat and broad. Would appear to be the perfect rock to inscribe a message to be seen from above, which there appear to be 4 runes carved on top of it. Something like an I, then a larger square with a smaller square nested in it next to the I, below those and slightly to the right is a y shape, then a square shape with the corners elongated or curved out.

Now to the main focus. What drew me to this area what these 2 lizard shapes in the middle of the image. A standing lizard shape against the wall that would be standing on 2 legs, it appears to have an arm hanging down, tail coming out behind it. Its head has an elongated mouth area and what appears to be a crown or some type of hat on its head. Up and diagonally to the left of it is a lizard head statue carved out of a corner. to the right of that and diagonally up to the right of the standing lizard is what seems to be a cross shape with a pendant in the middle and a humanoid head shape wearing a hood. Those are 3 very distinct shapes that I do not see any way could be caused by weathering/blast hits.

If you go to the arrow above those 3, there appears to be a small area with some hieroglyps to the left of the arrow. Very hard to make out any shapes without enhancements.

Finally near the bottom of the image, but striaght down from the cluster of 3. There appear to be 2 statues.The one to the left looks like a 4 legged feline creature sitting on its hind legs with its left front paw raised off the ground. Then to the right of it is a statue head that has a symbol on its forehead. Now this statue head is EXTREMELY interesting. The face part appears to be a different color than the rest of it. Furthermore, the symbol on its forehead is also seemingly a different material and color than the rest of it. When you adjust brightness and other enhancements, it reacts in completely different ways than any other type of rock or mineral I've found in mars images. It almost seems like a lightning bolt shape.

Thanks for reading my wall of text and I hope you enjoy scrutinizing my thoughts and this area. There are some other interesting objects in these areas that I havent pointed out that I'll leave for others to find and bring up.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by samson. Reason: add pic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #6892 by Todd
Hello samson and welcome! :cheer: I do see the features you mention but since they are small in size, the color noise from the raw browse jpgs certainly affects their appearance. I did a version with some of the color noise filtered out (below) but it is hard to tell if any details were sacrificed with it. Sol 1450 is quite an amazing batch of images, so come March when the PDS releases the raw .img files, we can get a better look since those are improved over the raw browse jpg quality.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original

Here's a composite I made from some other sol 1450 mastcam images.
www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.php/forum/the-planet-mars/2975-curiosity-sol-1450-composite-shattered-artifacts#6287
Attachments:

More
6 years 9 months ago #9526 by samson
Sorry for the thread necro :ohmy: I've been meaning to start digging back into Mars stuff once HD photo sets were released, now that they have, how can I find these area's that I was looking last year? I recall this 1450 was part of a gigapixel composite at the time of a valley/canyon like area. My google searches just keep pulling up the old stuff.

More
6 years 9 months ago #9530 by Todd
Welcome back samson. :) Here are some GigaPans I put up after processing sol 1450 from the PDS.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/197242

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/197240

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: