exclamation-circle More Photoshop Cut and Paste From NASA

8 years 3 months ago #4013 by Danimal
I was going through a bunch of Mars images the other day. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this. But at the same time a little frustrated. This image is a beauty, and whoever was in-charge of quality control over at NASA the day this image was released was either MIA or just wanted to f@#k with us. Kinda like an, in your face and there's nothing you can do about it, f@#k with us. I wonder what their explanation would be though. Would they tell us it's just the way the light was on that sol? Or maybe they'd say it's the angle the image was shot at. Or maybe blame Curiosity for having the hiccups. But this one is just beautiful, LOL.
You can clearly see that above the stone in the foreground, above the black line I've inserted, that everything above that has been copy and pasted over and over. With a slight little shift. Gotta give em credit for trying.... :whistle:
Below is an edited version I did just pointing out the.....um....attempt to pull the rock over our eyes.

And this one is the untouched original.

And here is the link right to the source
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA19829
And the kicker is the post that goes along with this image. It's no wonder Mars scientist's interests are piqued at this :whistle:
Wouldn't you be?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #4014 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic More Photoshop Cut and Paste From NASA
It's just a composite mosaic of Sol 1031 MAHLI cam images . If you look at the individual images taken, it makes more sense. Here's something I said about Missoula in a prior thread.
www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.php/forum/the-planet-mars/1053-lamoose-and-missoula#2173

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: