check Video 367: Strange Artifacts On Mars - NASA's Curiosity Rover

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #3601 by ??
Good one, Will! I downloaded this, to my WUITS folder of course.

There is all kinds of stuff in this picture. It looks to me like a giant debris field, metallic parts mostly, intermingled with dirt, stone (some possibly carved, or made into foundations), and sedimentary dirt, washed by liquid and windblown.

As I am just beginning photographic analysis and I don’t know much yet, I am unable to clip out and enhance individual selected parts of videos. So I look forward to any close-up enhancements of this that get posted.

I am particularly interested in your “cog” as well as a possible zoom enhancement of the object your mouse highlights around 21:40-21:45.

And since you mentioned it, please do NOT bother worrying about what the old dinosaur, and now propaganda, media have to say about any images here or on this site. I consider you and sites like this to be today’s media, individuals collecting their own news first-hand and posting it on the internet on sites like this...without the interference of third party editors or broadcasters.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ??. Reason: Font correction.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #3605 by ??
Upon taking a second look at this video, it appears that, around 20:00, that "these pieces here," may actually be two of the same thing. Perhaps one on either side of that ramp that goes up under that overhang.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: