Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
8 years 3 months ago #3550 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Instrument Cabinet
I see a few faces and edges that look machined. :unsure: I can't make out an instrument cabinet though. :huh: Will you post a text description, please? :)

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #3569 by dude
Replied by dude on topic Instrument Cabinet
I see this as a controller cabinet with instruments on a front panel. I see a square cavity where a sample or readout could have been on the left. in the lower middle appears to be a handle for adjusting something. to the right I see remains of a knob. all this is heavily weathered I admit but this was my first impression of this block.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
8 years 3 months ago #3570 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic Instrument Cabinet
The large “rock” does appear to be a manufactured object to me. I am not sure what to make of it as a whole. I can’t make up my mind if the “handle” extending horizontally from the center of that circle is actually a handle or if it looks more like some kind of perpendicular member coming off the central shaft of some kind of rotating motor. I do see the square hole, but I am not sure what it is.

The three medium-sized “rocks” in front of the large rock do appear to be manufactured as they all three look machined to me. The one in the middle appears to me to have a wide slot on the left that appears to have a slight curvature to it, perhaps a track for a wheel or roller such that perhaps the whole thing was originally round and something rolled around on top of it in this slot in a circular manner.

The left and right medium-sized rocks appear to me to be roughly quarried. Other smaller rocks have straight edges and smooth surfaces, also implying machining or manufacturing.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: