question-circle Ruins from a Martian Metropolis in Promethei Terra?

8 years 4 months ago #3372 by Todd
A repeating rectilinear geometric pattern among the Martian topography appears present at this site in Promethei Terra, taken by the HiRISE camera and acquired in March of 2010. The pattern also exhibits multiple layers, similar to the floors of a large building or skyscraper, making the region a good potential candidate for the remains of an ancient Martian city.

Enlarged example below.

Another section of nearby terrain has a number of quadrilateral shapes with the multiple layers visibly present.

Enlarged examples below.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Original
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3377 by farrier101
Man Todd,some of those shapes remind me of trees and farmland,like out here in Wyoming!

More
8 years 4 months ago #3378 by MOZR505
You noticed the massive circle with 5 smaller circles inside it perfectly layed out...like a movie reel..awsome photos Todd

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #3467 by ??
Thanks for posting these. I can't quite make up my mind what these are, other than they <em>are</em> Mars. There is much regular and repeating geometry in them; I can see <em>that</em>. I postulate that the entire surface of Mars was once covered with manufactured arcologies. If that premise is true, then there are things in this picture, perhaps the whole picture, that are manufactured. I just can't tell what they are, or once were.

I downloaded these. Thanks again.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ??. Reason: Added phrase: "I downloaded these. Thanks again."

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: