file Hard to Describe Objects

8 years 4 months ago #3272 by dude
Hard to Describe Objects was created by dude
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01162/mcam/1162ML0052580030502195E01_DXXX.jpg
these objects on SOL1162 just seemed very unnatural to me and there are many more. feel free to enhance these better if you find some interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, gessa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
8 years 4 months ago #3273 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Hard to Describe Objects
Great find, dude!

I think the biggest obstacle is the 34mm focal length of the left mastcam, versus 100mm on the right. It's difficult to get much detail. Unfortunately, the right mastcam is looking at a different area in the SOL. I find it always helps me to put the mosaic together and see the items in context within the whole picture.

Your items in SOL1162OBJECTS2.jpg look an awful lot like pottery remnants. I'm seeing several pieces in the area

Thank You!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

More
8 years 4 months ago #3274 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Hard to Describe Objects
I found something interesting in the same SOL just to the upper right of the objects in SOL1162OBJECTS2.jpg. An almost perfectly round hole in the pile of debris. I have no idea what it could be.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, gessa

More
8 years 4 months ago #3277 by dude
Replied by dude on topic Hard to Describe Objects
WOW! that hole is perfectly round. way to go Badsneaker. you found the best one on this sol. look at that crazy thing to the right of the hole. like WILL says, if you let your eyes adjust for a few seconds then you can see anomalies every few feet on this Sol.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
8 years 4 months ago #3282 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Hard to Describe Objects
Thank you both! Many of those objects do look like pottery. I know it has to be trick of perspective or something, but that round black hole looks a little different to me. It almost looks like a flattened, round black "hockey-puck" object floating about 2 feet off the ground--look about 2 feet below it, it almost looks like the object's shadow on the ground. Either way, it's rather bizarre. Good spotting guys!

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: