question-circle Martian Ruins in Claritas Fossae?

8 years 4 months ago #3231 by Todd
Martian Ruins in Claritas Fossae? was created by Todd
In the Claritas Fossae region, a ribbon of various structures sit below an elevated rise in HiRISE image ESP_017109_1430 . There is what appears to be a large constructed wall among other quadrilateral structural objects within the ribbon. Many of them seem to have their own internal structural ribbing. Examples below.

Below, some enlarged versions of the crops above.

Below, an enlargement from the map projected IRB color version.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Original

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3232 by technovative
Replied by technovative on topic Martian Ruins in Claritas Fossae?
Another fascinating find here Todd. Some of it looks like wreckage to me. In particular in your 4th crop, slightly left & slightly above center. There appears to be a somewhat intact panel, with clear embossed detail. An organized pattern, perhaps forming a structural stamped section. Probably metal, or some kind of composite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

More
8 years 4 months ago #3234 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Martian Ruins in Claritas Fossae?

..your 4th crop, slightly left & slightly above center. There appears to be a somewhat intact panel, with clear embossed detail. An organized pattern, perhaps forming a structural stamped section.]

Here's an enlarged view of that particular section.

Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3252 by technovative
Replied by technovative on topic Martian Ruins in Claritas Fossae?
Thanks. The circular opening in shadow, with a smaller semi-circular tab centered hanging above it, is what my eye is drawn to.

More
8 years 4 months ago #3254 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Martian Ruins in Claritas Fossae?
Here's another view of Claritas Fossae from HiRISE image ESP_016647_1360 , although this section is not in the actual depression itself but next to it, there are groups of bizarre landforms present, most notably the square one with the square section cut out of the middle (lower, center).

Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: