file SOL 508 Objects

8 years 4 months ago #3171 by dude
SOL 508 Objects was created by dude
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00508/mcam/0508MR2000032000E1_DXXX.jpg
these anomalies are from sol 508 and I think are pieces and parts of mining equipment. as the rover approaches the main area that is shown in sol 509 we begin to see these objects. it seems this was also an area that they formed and created the objects thru the use of a water jet abrasive system. maybe this is where they created statues & monuments. of course i'm just guessing but they look like equipment and formed pieces to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
8 years 4 months ago #3187 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic SOL 508 Objects
Nice find, dude!

That wall could almost be a building footing, I see what looks like an upright row of blocks, cut quite precisely, and resting on flat horizontal blocks, also cut very nicely.

I put together a mosaic of the images taken with the right mastcam. A quick glance shows a number of curious items. One in particular appears to be an ornately cut stone with some kind of writing. This would be in the next image to the left of yours. It would also fit in nicely with your idea of the area being used to make statues monuments. This is definitely a SOL that deserves closer scrutiny.

original here: www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/image/00508/0508MR2000030000E1_DXXX.html

Attachments:

More
8 years 4 months ago #3189 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic SOL 508 Objects

This one actually has almost 100k views!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

More
8 years 4 months ago #3200 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic SOL 508 Objects
Oh yes, this is a great SOL, dude, and I'm glad you came back to it, there's so much to see in this one. Good eye!

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: