question-circle Ancient Martian Habitats Uncovered in the Hellas Montes Region?

8 years 4 months ago #3157 by Todd
In HiRISE image, ESP_034362_1405 , of the Hellas Montes region, there appear to be several sections of uncovered multi leveled structures which appear generally quadrilateral. Some have the appearance of Native American Indian ruins complete with entrances. Some of the structures resemble ruined skyscrapers as they appear to have multiple levels. Examples below.

Below, enlarged from the above crop.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Original
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarsFromNY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3158 by Todd
Here is another example of ESP_034362_1405 , with a couple of enlarged enhancements below.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Dawn, MarsFromNY

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3160 by WillFarrar
Wow! Did you find these? Great find! I will have to get these and do a orbit video. I haven't done a video from the air in awhile! :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #3161 by Todd
Thanks! :cheer: The craters referenced by the image page also have unique structures in them which they refer to as "layered deposits."

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3163 by Todd
I guess it would be negligent to not post the main crater in this thread. Here is a portion of it from the merged MP IRB color version of ESP_034362_1405 , with two enlargements below. The grid patterns on the crater landforms are fairly prominent.

Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3203 by Dawn
B)

Very nice find, I echo everybody else. I downloaded the color version, sometimes that helps me pick things out. Thanks Todd!

More
8 years 4 months ago #3210 by Todd
Yes, the color versions can cut down the contrast a little.

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: