file Grid Pattern in the Eridania Basin

8 years 4 months ago #3101 by Todd
This is from HiRISE image ESP_036654_1490 , which shows a series of ridges and grid patterns in the Eridania Basin. The grid pattern appears made up from inverted striations, both vertical and horizontal. Some of the grid patterns appear like square structures sitting in alignment. The most prominent area is the roughly rectangular ridge surrounding the three eroded landforms (below).

Below, material from the eroded landform over time has filled into the pattern.

Below are enlarged images made from smaller features visible within the patterning.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Original

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3102 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Grid Pattern in the Eridania Basin
Here is a color version of that region from the IRB.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona Original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gessa

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #3105 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Grid Pattern in the Eridania Basin
Great eye! Skimming through HiRise images can be amazing! Good work. Will put this into the download and see if I can do a video..

More
8 years 4 months ago #3106 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Grid Pattern in the Eridania Basin
It might be a good candidate for the remains of an ancient sea side city. :blink:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: