check Partially Exposed Wall/Structure in Sol 1154 Mastcam Image

8 years 5 months ago #3000 by Todd
In this Curiosity Sol 1154 left mastcam image, there is an unusual mound present with what appears to be structure exposed at the top.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarsFromNY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #3002 by WillFarrar
Will do the next video on this buddy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarsFromNY

More
8 years 5 months ago #3003 by Todd
I think there is a lot to look at in that image. That background hill is similar and has all kinds of weird objects sitting on it.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original
Attachments:

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #3008 by MarsFromNY
That absolutely looks like a wall that has fallen. Especially because it looks out of place by not looking like anything else around it. If it was a natural formation, there would be more stone just like it. Not just that one small section. (By the way, hello. I'm new to the group)

More
8 years 5 months ago #3025 by Badsneaker
Next to that "retaining" wall looks to me to be moss! Well, it looks like a retaining wall. I've made enough of them over the years building houses.

Attachments:

More
8 years 5 months ago #3027 by ben evans
It doe's look like moss. I have thought that too in a few photos I have seen on mars as well. it also reminds me of something called "Desert varnish" it forms on rock surfaces in places that are dry, and don't get much rain or no rain at all.. the varnish is composed of a clay with an iron manganese oxides, and can grow for hundreds of miles.. you see it a lot in Arizona as well as parts of California such as the high desert. I use to live in the desert in California, I have seen it a lot that's why it looks so familiar. like some of the stuff on mars. I wonder if it could possibly be something like that, if not moss. it's really interesting to see this on mars it sure does look like moss though. thanks for sharing this with us. ben..

benny67
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

• ben evans
  • live free or die
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: