file Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138?

8 years 7 months ago #2604 by Badsneaker
Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138? was created by Badsneaker
This looks to me like some kind of writing/marking similar to the Nasca lines. There are no wheel tracks from Oppy so I think it is safe to rule that out.

I would really like some feedback on this.

The original:

I drew a rectangle around the area in question:

Link to originals: www.midnightplanets.com/web/MERB/latestImages.html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2608 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138?

There are no wheel tracks from Oppy

I'm a little confused about this, Opportunity does leave a tire tread behind . The color in that image does show a pattern, though.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2609 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138?
It does look something like Nasca lines, but we're probably seeing a very small portion of it.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2610 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138?
Yeah, I meant within the "scraped out" areas. If this was due to the rover, tread marks would have been evident.\

Thanks, Todd!

More
8 years 7 months ago #2611 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138?
It could be something to keep an eye on in future images. Did you process the color on that image? It looks really good.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2616 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138?
Yes, I did the color per the file specs. The filter codes are embedded in the file names.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2621 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Nasca-like Markings In Oppy's SOL4138?
Nice catch, Badsneaker. Once I got my eyes lined out on this, there actually appears to be a series of patterns on down the slope. Inside the red rectangle, is that a pair of curving lines over on the left? The ones down-slope look mostly rectangular--a rather odd shape to find in nature I think. Nice processing!

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: