check Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?

8 years 1 week ago #4851 by Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #4854 by ??
Nice video. Maybe it's a statue, maybe its just pareidolia, but it sure looks to me like a head facing left. To me, it appears the "pyramid" is a broken fragment of something, that it's not a pyramid. "You see what you see and I see what I see."

One thing I have noticed that puzzles me is all the stacks of flat "rocks" stacked up like pancakes, or slices of cheese, in many photographs. It is difficult for me to believe that these are the result of many layers of sediment. They appear to me to be layers of some kind of manufactured material.

Anyone want to speculate on this?
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by ??. Reason: Corrected punctuation.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 week ago #4859 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?
Personally, I try not to be too intimidated by the word "pareidolia" because I feel it would interfere with fair observation. The fluvial layers on Mars appear to me as if they have seen even more geological processes then sedimentary layers here on Earth. So one could speculate that Mars may have had more water and life in relationship to its size than even Earth has.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #4868 by ??
Yes. Citing pareidolia can be just an excuse for not wanting to see what's really there. Yet I have seen many faces and quite a few automotive vehicles on Mars, more than I think are actually there, so I thought I'd give pariodelia a hat tip for those. I did rotate it and it looks pretty much like a face to me from all angles.

As for all those pancaked layers, I agree they could be the result of sediment from a liquid (H20). If that is true, then the liquid must have flooded and receded many times. If this is correct then Mars has, to me anyway, a very interesting geology, in spite of (apparent) cosmic wars, etc.

I still consider the below a manufactured object though.

Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by ??. Reason: Corrected spelling. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: