file (SDO) Solar Dynamics Observatory - "The Dynamics of our Sun" Gigapan

6 years 3 weeks ago #12316 by Glitch_Neo
Something a little different - but no relevant section to place it :dry: :lol:

SDO launched on February 11, 2010, 10:23 am EST on an Atlas V from SLC 41 from Cape Canaveral.

It will study how solar activity is created and how Space Weather comes from that activity. Measurements of the interior of the Sun, the Sun's magnetic field, the hot plasma of the solar corona, and the irradiance that creates the ionospheres of the planets are our primary data products.

The Gigapan Consists of these Images :

PIA11703 PIA21583 PIA21604 PIA21756 PIA21764 PIA22038 PIA22039 PIA22184 PIA22050

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/207459

Original Image Credit(s):

NASA, GSFC, Solar Dynamics Observatory

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: