file WorldWide Telescope

8 years 3 months ago #3807 by Danimal
WorldWide Telescope was created by Danimal
Some of you may already have this. But for those that don't and just enjoy exploring the universe from time to time, I think it's a great app to have. Microsoft's WorldWide Telescope is pretty cool if you enjoy jumping around from planet to planet or checking out a galaxy far far away. It's loaded with tons of information. You can zoom in on places like Mars and the Moon to name a few. But the best part about it....are you ready for this? It's FREE!! :woohoo:
Just wanted to share this with you :silly: crazy explorers. Here's a few screenshots and the link below.
Have fun with it and enjoy!

www.worldwidetelescope.org/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker, Dawn, retro78

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #3812 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic WorldWide Telescope
Thanks. I'd never heard of that site before. I bookmarked it. :)

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #3825 by Danimal
Replied by Danimal on topic WorldWide Telescope
My pleasure. And I hope you enjoy it. I forgot to mention that instead of using a mouse to navigate your way around, you can also use an X-box controller. Which is kinda neat if you just want to kick back and go exploring without getting a bum wrist. And also, if you've got a telescope that can link up to your pc, you'll find the drivers there to get that bad boy up and running with it. Now that would be pretty cool.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: