file Curious Ceres

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1864 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curious Ceres
I'm not sure I have a clear picture as to why when Dawn gets closer to the bright spots (and Ceres), they seem to be loosing light on the exposures. Take the recent Survey Orbit Image 16 , for example.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/UCLA/MPS/DLR/IDA Original
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Todd. Reason: added information

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #1876 by jsrktp
Replied by jsrktp on topic Curious Ceres
Hi Todd,

Looks like they have got miles high towers, stadiums, buildings. The bright spots aren't bright all the time, looks like some activity is going on. If you look at the images @ tinyurl.com/gd-jsrktp (you need to download and zoom -in to see the details), the pyramid is actually one side-view of huge construction ("ceres-pyd.png"), and the initial pic "ceres-near.png" shows bright lights on buildings. But, later image "crslrg.png" shows no lights but some dull boundries, still I am not claiming my processing is accurate method. Yet to work on the above 16 image.

I think they are highly advanced civilization to be spraying dust and smoke into the sky above their own heads.

• jsrktp
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #1878 by Haymaker
Replied by Haymaker on topic Curious Ceres
Seeing less and less.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1879 by Haymaker
Best images so far seem those taken June 6th.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Haymaker.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1880 by Haymaker
the detail of PIA19569 taken June 6th is much better than PIA19568 taken of the bright spots also June 6th.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1889 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curious Ceres
:pinch: Now Survey Orbit Image 17 is just spectacular, I have never seen anything like this! There is stuff all over the place. Pay special attention to the interior of all the craters. :whistle:
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA19585

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #1899 by jsrktp
Replied by jsrktp on topic Curious Ceres
images 16, 17 added to tinyurl.com/gd-jsrktp

• jsrktp
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: