file Ceres "Haulani Crater" Gigapan (Raw IMG's)

5 years 9 months ago #13108 by Glitch_Neo
Ceres "Haulani Crater" Gigapan (Raw IMG's) was created by Glitch_Neo
Hey everyone,

Just finished playing with some Ceres raw data and made this Gigapan up - :blink: Using a 4gb of DDR2 Ram machine at work with a 10 year old graphics card :blush: :woohoo: ....Half a billion pixels :unsure: It took a while..!! lol

NASA's Dawn Spacecraft : Haulani Crater - Ceres / LAMO Cycle 4, 9 & 6 (57 Raw .Img's stitched)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209577

Enjoy - I did spot a stitching error - so I pointed it out with a snapshot on Gigapan
B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #13109 by ??
After I looked at this crater for a few minutes, I decided that I think it is shaped like a hexagon. In my mind, this makes it a prime candidate for a "man-made" object. Thank you & thumbs up! :cheer:

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago #13116 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Ceres "Haulani Crater" Gigapan (Raw IMG's)
It certainly doesn't look round that's for sure - The dark area at the top left of the Crater looks like an old quarry / open cast mine operation was present some time ago - there are too many rectilinear anomalies for me to think it's all just naturally formed.

Ceres is a fascinating little world - I wish we had more of the really Low Orbit images that they are taking now, the high res images are upto about 6 or so released so far - That data will be mouth watering "Occator" in a 30 mile orbit... :woohoo:

More
5 years 9 months ago #13119 by ??
It's actually a little too lopsided to call it a hexagon. Yes, that does look kind of like quarrying along the upper left edge. If so, perhaps "they" were in the process of...building...the crater. :silly:

OR...Perhaps it is all just "a trick of light and shadow."
:dry:

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #13120 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Ceres "Haulani Crater" Gigapan (Raw IMG's)
It's amazing what the light can do to an image, I should look for some different cycles and see if the lighting has any differences ;) Cheers CQ you just kick started my brain lol :cheer: :dry: The more I look the more I see maybe a Tetrahedron / Decahedron or similar shape especially the top half at least... I'm not going to say it IS a quarry - but it sure has some odd rectilinear features nestled in the main crater... That's just for starters! :whistle:

I was starting to get sucked into something the Mrs is watching :blink: (The Man in the High Castle)

B)
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Glitch_Neo.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: