heart Rock Nest Series. Great, Thanks Will

8 years 11 months ago #1361 by WayneR
Rock Nest Series. Great, Thanks Will was created by WayneR
Just got done watching the frist part of the rock Nest series with my kids. we are going to watch the 3 remaining parts together because their minds being uncorrupted see all kinds of things that shouldn't be there. I kind of gave them an explaination of how it worked (kind of like finding pictures in clouds) I had the video going on the big screen for them and the the nasa tiff in a pip making annotations in photoshop with a stylus in the window.It was hard to keep up with them.

At first they were seeing elephants and monkeys, then I told them to pretend a tornado hit and you had to put it back togher in your head in order to help the insurance man get the people a new place. (It could be a business, house, factory, car or garden) I kind of gave them the nature vs human construction talk .. symmetry vs randomness. They identified alot that I missed, my son is really good at seeing geometry or man-made angles as he calls them. In one of the other pictures he found what looks like a bracket, complete with bolt holes and all.

So tonight I had to explain the splotches (the intentionally blurred patches) the youngest in her wisdom pointed out that my taxes pay for nasa and that I am entitled to a picture that hasn't been "messed with" and that I should call the fbi on them. :woohoo:
I didn't want to explain why that might not be too good for daddy's career as a government employee (I'm a machinist for one of the bigger contractors) so I told her there were 4 people in line ahead of me but that she could start a rough cooy tomorrow at daycare. Oh, did I mention she's only 6 :lol: anyway, if there is something to find on the pictures I have my odds of finding something have gone up ten fold. And it's great for the kids, they get to flex their imaginations and not hesitate because of fear of being sarcastically corrected. Damn teachers sound like they went to the same schools as the local news casters. Make fun of anything you don't understand or pretend it doesn't exist.

Well thanks again Will im sure parts 2-4 wilo be good also. I think they are pretty excited about it. They even nicknamed it as kids do, crime - scene- mars. Rofl.

Cheers all

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1362 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Rock Nest Series. Great, Thanks Will
Hey thank you my friend! I am so glad you are enjoying them. It took forever to make them I remember locking myself int he room for a couple nights tying to get it all done :) That picture was amazing! It is truly amazing what the younger kids talk about now and put together. My friends 3 year old talks about Energy and Vortexes all the time. What a great way to teach the kids to use their imagination. The schools have almost deleted it from the memory banks the day they arrive! You are so right about the teachers now. Not all of them but it is almost a society thing. Laugh at the person that looks different or has a "wild" idea. Would love to hear how they liked the other episodes! Take it easy my friend!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: