file salamander

9 years 3 weeks ago #1130 by dude
salamander was created by dude
does anyone see what I see?? it looks like a salamander emerging from a hole . the front legs are visible. I try to concentrate on finding anomalies within 3 or feet of the rover.
curiosity SOL 903 NAVCAM RT. B TIME 01:01:20
CENTER NEAR RT. BORDER

I am new to all of this , but I have truly enjoyed watching will's videos. he does a great job and his personality turns a serious subject into a fun pastime!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Dawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1133 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic salamander
:unsure: Hard to tell, dude, but you have a sharp eye! I wouldn't have noticed, but once pointed out, it did make me squint and say, "What the heck?" LOL, I blew it up and still can't make up my mind. Could be a stick stuck under a rock, but that STILL should have made "Curiosity" go back for another look. Salamander, twig, either one is definite signs of life. Thanks, that one was a nice one to see with my morning coffee!

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=NRB_477665196EDR_F0450450NCAM00354M_&s=903

Welcome, I think you'll have a good time here, we have some good people on this site! Check out Will's FB site as well.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1134 by Dawn
That silly image was bugging me (pun intended!) like a sore tooth, couldn't quit looking at it, and I finally saw it. Look at the Rover tracks. The Rover backed and turned at least twice in order to get a shot of that particular stretch of rock. Wonder why? Now I'll have to check out the other images in that series. Once again, you have a good eye, dude, thanks!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1136 by Dawn
Okay, I couldn't let this one alone! I found another image of that anomaly...it was really dark so I had to jack the brightness and contrast to see it. The Rover stopped and took another image of this area, looking back, and it looks like there are several tiny things sticking out of the ground, with dude's salamander being the largest. Incidentally, they are all bent toward the sun, except the one dude originally spotted, so are they maybe some type of tube worm, that needs to gather sunlight for energy? Who knows! Anyway, here's dude's salamander, blown way up. I also found an image of a terrestrial tube worm for comparison.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1137 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic salamander
Thanks for your kind words! I totally accidentally deleted the thread. Think I got it back now :) It is really amazing how many people have joined in the hunt for these things! I couldn't ask for more since we are all learning and teaching each other and eventually we will have the best of the best to show to the world and the not so great stuff will fall by the wayside! Going to check out the pic here soon! Looks like Dawn "Jane Doe" already tackled it so I will check hers out too! Glad to have you on board and looking forward to more posts in the future!!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1138 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic salamander
Thanks Jane! It is always great to have you on here helping get the images together and links! You rock my friend!!! This is a interesting one indeed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: