file Asteroid 3200 Phaethon to Pass Earth at 6.4 Million Miles on 12/16/17

6 years 4 months ago #10799 by Todd

No point being to concerned.... Nothing humanity will be able to do anyway Todd...

I was being somewhat figurative, I think the focus needs to be on finding new objects. One day there may be tech to help us avoid one. Since that tech doesn't really exist yet, it's helpful to know the time frame.

(I'd be more concerned with education of the next generation or 3...

I am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #10807 by Glitch_Neo
B) Sorry Soapbox climbing there Todd...

I think the focus needs to be on finding new objects

This I definitely agree with... Hopefully Elon Musk et al' will have solved (Not single-handedly but as a competitive collective :huh: ) :dry: a lot of the Logistical issues with leaving the earths gravity.
Once we have managed this easily and cheaply then the science can shift and focus on these civilization ending rocks!
Rosetta was a great start - but perhaps to early to be of much use yet..... ( :blush: Must find out more about this mission) watch this space I suppose

More
6 years 4 months ago #10808 by Glitch_Neo

(I'd be more concerned with education of the next generation or 3...

I am.

Ha ha Love it, dry .... deadpan.... no flowering it up.. :)

More
6 years 4 months ago #10812 by ??
There have been planetary cataclysms in our solar system. Mars took a tremendous hit of some kind. As there is evidence that Mars is tidally locked , this implies that Mars once orbited a body of a considerably larger mass than Mars so that its gravitational field could overpower and lock Mars gravitationally.

One theory is that Mars was a moon of a much larger planet that blew up. If this planet was blown up as an act of war then a civilization existed in the Solar System with something that could dustify random errant asteroids.

Some, Walter Bosley , Joseph Farrell, and Richard Hoagland among them, believe that this technology still exists in human hands here on Earth.

The Earth has suffered impacts causing planetary wide disaster at least two or three times that I know of. One of these wiped out the dinosaurs and another, alleged, impact caused the Noahic flood.

The most fundamental proof that an astral object impact caused this flood is that the amount of energy required to melt enough ice to do it exceeds the amount of energy the Earth would be able to generate in such a small geographic area and in such a short time.

To me, this allows for the possibility that a technologically advance extraterrestrial civilization may have set its planet zapper to STUN and fired it at the Earth at just the right place and just the right power setting to cause a global flood. This would be an act of war.

In any case, if Bosley, Farrell, and Hoagland are correct, then the technology to protect from errant asteroids is already available.

Hmmm…

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10813 by Todd
I forgot, the Tunguska object was supposedly shot down from one of the cauldrons in the Siberian, Valley of Death. :P

mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/10/mysterious-cauldrons-in-siberian-valley-of-death-still-unsolved/
info-quest.org/documents/SiberianUfoBase.html

There's that one weird piece of footage showing the Chelyabinsk Meteor on 02/15/13 with an object seemingly catching up to it and going through it, then it starts to break up. I suppose the question is, is the object part of the early break up itself? It doesn't really look like it to me.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Todd. Reason: punctuation added

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
  • ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: