file the three big shots

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5790 by rkup
the three big shots was created by rkup
as I signed on today at 8:37PM I couldn't notice the chat members box that had three persons signed on into the chat with members box I will not say who they are but I will say that I consider them to to the heart and soul of this site as well as posting the most informative, interesting and downrite cool stuff I've ever seen..I believe this is what I consider the "no spin anomalies web page" not stealing that from Bill Oreilly. There are a lot of members posting images, information and even stories about kittens (which I love) but what ever I post or you post you feel comfortable and feel like your part of this family with a very interesting bond. Before I get all teary eyed (not) I say thanks guys for your hard work and time you spend to keep our interest....THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A COMPLIMENT TO THE THREE PERSONS I RESPECT, ENJOY AND APPRECIATE THE HARD WORK I SEE GOING INTO THIS SITE..THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE POST WAS TO SAY THANKS FOR THE MYRIAD OF TOPICS .."BIG SHOTS" IS A PLAY ON WORDS AND WAS MEANT TO BE POSITIVE AS WELL AS PLAYFUL
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by rkup. Reason: I hope you understand
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5796 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic the three big shots
I don’t know if you were referring to me, or not. But for the record:

I am just a lonely old (well, 59-year old anyway) man who spends a lot of time on the internet. I was drawn to this forum because it is a place where people post and analyze images that look like they contain extraterrestrial alien manufactured artifacts.

Inasmuch as there is an Index category entitled “The News Spot” that says, “Drop us a line and share the latest space article that you enjoyed,” I started posting space news here. With a lot of time on my hands, I found out there is A LOT of space news. So I started posting a lot of space news.

It occurred to me that, as long as I (or someone else) continue(s) this, this forum would become a one-stop shop for space news. I realized how easy it is to make attractive eye-candy posts using my mouse and a (very) few keyboard strokes by accessing the Standard Toolbar above the Smiley Faces…which I went through first.

Here are all the tools necessary to adjust font & font size, change text color, embed text links, embed images, margin alignment, and more, but I just use those. Hovering over these with a mouse activates a textual tool-tip that tells you what that tool’s function is. Left-clicking on it activates that tool. Most of the tools are toggles, meaning that left-clicking them a second time turns them back off.

That’s pretty much what I do. That’s my big secret. So, YOU TOO can be a “Big Shot;” EVERYONE. In the meantime, I will just continue doing what I do. I am that glad people like my posts. I am honored to have been “promoted” to Moderator…though “drafted” might be a better word.

Also, occasionally I may post something about cats, or something else that touches me dearly on a personal level.

“Much love.”
---Will Farrar
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by ??. Reason: Added period. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #5803 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic the three big shots
Thanks for the good sentiment. We all rock! I love all you guys and all the articles you all post! Everyone who even comes to the site and reads the articles are awesome! I never imagined it would take off!!! Thank you all again!

Much love!

More
7 years 9 months ago #5804 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic the three big shots
PS. I love the Cat posts ;) There are 13 I feed here! Insanity... But love them all! And my boy rkup is a big shot here as well ;)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5805 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic the three big shots
I am glad you like the cat posts. I especially like you giving Fuzzbuzz a bath, on your other site. I have owned two cats in my life. One was in my youth and the other, Eos, was the first pet I had in over 45 years.

Eos was a loner, like me; a very loving and intelligent cat. Eos was my family. On May 23, 2015 I returned from taking pictures at Garden of the Gods to find her lying in the alleyway with her left rear leg crushed by an automobile. She had dirt in her mouth from trying to drink water from a dry puddle.

After a harrowing ride w-a-a-y across town to the emergency animal hospital, she died in my arms as I was carrying her into the emergency entrance. I cried like a spanked baby.

So I make kitty posts from time to time.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by ??. Reason: Corrected typo. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: