file are aliens to far away to make contact???

9 years 7 months ago #334 by ben evans
here's one for you. is it possible that we are just simply to far away to make contact with another intelligent life form, or are we just far to miniscule minded beings for a more advanced life form to even bother with us. are we like an ant to there intelligence, or are we to dangerous for them to want to make contact with us. maybe they see all the killing, and wars taking place on earth, and they want nothing to do with us because of that. there are many reasons that an alien race would not want contact between one another on both sides human, and alien.
m.space.com/27346-aliens-too-distant-contact.html

benny67

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ben evans
  • ben evans's Avatar Topic Author
  • live free or die
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #336 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic are aliens to far away to make contact???
This is funny, Ben. When I was working toward my deqree in Physics (Univ. of Mich.), I became very familiar with Applied Astronomy. I find it both funny and interesting that many of these articles state somthing like "due to advances in technology..." or something along those lines. Ever since our Hunter-Gatherer period people have always wondered what is out there. There really is nothing new, other than new technologies that help refine the data we're given to work with. Stating that ET is too far away doesn't give us the entire picture.

The late 1950s to early 1960s saw the first great advances in contemporary radio astronomy.
Frank Drake (mentioned in the article) was not only one of the first pioneers in that field, he also took the idea one step further by using the technology in an attempt to locate ET by its radio-based communications. Hence, we have SETI, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. Of course Drake's early attempts didn't produce very much.

Frank Drake went back to the drawing board and returned in 1961 with what we call the Drake Equation, specified in the formula N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L, where N represents the approximate number of intelligent civilizations near us. Just trust me; it does

After plugging in very conservative numbers, we're left with N = 36.4 million civilizations within our reach.

36 Million! This is astonishing; finding just one civilization beyond Earth would be the greatest discovery of all time.

One more thing. You can get involved SETI in the comfort of your own home. Visit the SETI@home pages to find out more.

setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Badsneaker. Reason: Found one more...

More
9 years 7 months ago #339 by ben evans
Replied by ben evans on topic are aliens to far away to make contact???
thank you for the interesting information on that. you are so right. it is strange that with the technology we have now, and so many different frequencies we have to scan, and receive these signals, and the many different ways we can send those frequencies, and signals into different parts of space, but not as simple as just a standard radio wave frequency like we use in amateur radio such as the 2, to 80 meter frequencies. we need to think outside the box as they may use something completely different than a radio wave or even as different as the standard microwave signal as they are the most efficient at carrying messages, and can enter through our planet's atmosphere, and a its a lot less likely to be absorbed by the dust scattered in space by stars, and such. but we all must keep in mind Depending on how far away another civilization is, it could take hundreds, or even thousands of years for a radio wave to make the round-trip between question, and answer then back to the earth, not unless they have a technology that can reach earth faster than we could imagine witch is very possible. But if there are communicative civilizations out there they may already have been sending out messages for their own purposes or to let others know of their existence, and there civilization, and maybe more. These are the types of messages, and frequencies that SETI needs to find out then design, and develop that frequency or frequencies to send the messages, to alien civilizations. we may be going about this completely the wrong way as our technology may be so primitive to there's, and they may not even recognize it at all, but I would love to hear another WOW signal like the last one that took place I think it was in 1977 or 1978 or so, and that signal was a very "narrowbanded" "RADIO" signal so if that was a real signal from another civilization It makes me wonder just how different we really are from them. as a ham radio operator I have learned a great deal about radio, frequencies, and "propagation" as well witch will come in to play as well. thank you for a great article of information. I was wondering what your name is mine is ben as I like to text by using a name. thank you badsneaker. "god bless" ben..

benny67

• ben evans
  • ben evans's Avatar Topic Author
  • live free or die
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: