exclamation-circle Amazing NASA images. Someone else is on Mars : Best evidence so far.

8 years 1 month ago #4281 by Bergen
For the first time, an image with nothing but ordinary rocks, becomes very important, and finally the debuggers can say, "it are just rocks", and guess what, they are right, but not for long. This image taken by NASA on 29 february 2016 with the Curiosity rover shows the side of a small hill. I show you this image so you can see where the camera was pointed when the image was taken, I have to appologize because the map doesn't show up, but still, we have an idea in wich direction this image was taken. If we take a closer look at the image, we can see that there is nothing but some ordinary rocks on the side of the hill, and keep that in mind, even when there is nothing to see.
But here comes something surprising. On 3 March 2016, 3 days after the first images that I showed you were taken, NASA captured these two images with the curiosity rover from the exact same area. And guess what, there where was nothing to see but some rocks a few days ago, suddenly appears something very strange on that exact same hill.
If we compare these two Images , we can clearly notice that something popped-up out of nowhere, and it isn't just a small rock. Since the previous images were taken more from the East of the hill, we should have seen it allready the first time, but it wasn't there. This isn't just an ordinary rock, It seems to have a lot of mechanical features. Could it be possible that someone or something is following the Curiosity rover? Nothing ever like this was found so far on the surface of Mars. I can't take credit for finding this, But I really wanted to show you , and especially where it was found and how it suddenly popped-up on a hill three days later from when the first image was taken.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Bergen
  • Bergen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4285 by ??
After watching this a few times and pausing it, it appears to me that the second set of images was taken from a higher perspective. When I attempted to match the near ridgeline in the two comparison pictures at 1:45(+), it appears to me that the box on the lower right is mismatched with the box on the upper left.

Specifically, it appears to me that the box on the lower right is actually about one box width to the right of the boxed image on the upper left. Also, because of the 3MAR16’s apparent higher altitude, it appears to be looking downward slightly and to be looking slightly over the horizon.

In any case, it appears to me that these two sets of images are mismatched and therefore NOT a good comparison. That being said, I will be the first to acknowledge seeing something on Mars that is in one picture and not in another. I just don't, conclusively, see it here.

“You see what you see and I see what I see.”

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #4286 by Todd

...was taken from a higher perspective

Yes, I believe the perspective changes are due to elevation, weird object though. There is something similar on the right side of this Sol 1274 left mastcam image, but it's partially cut off.
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1274ML0059680030504564E01_DXXX&s=1274

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #4287 by Bergen
how about the image from SOL 1262 ? That's kinda the same hight...

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Bergen.

• Bergen
  • Bergen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4288 by Todd
Can you provide a link to the images? :)

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: