file house sized asetroid to buzz earth very close!!!

9 years 8 months ago #236 by ben evans
hello, everyone I found this today, and thought you might like to read this. an asteroid the size of a house is going to come very close to earth this Sunday at a range closer than some of our satellites!!! the asteroid will pass over New Zealand, and fly just inside the orbits of the geosynchronous communications, and weather satellites orbiting Earth right now its about 22,000 miles above our planet's surface, that's about 10 times closer to the Earth than our moon!! the Asteroids name is "2014 RC" this asteroid will fly about 25000 miles from the center of the earth. now that's close. thank god its a small one. nasa says it will not hit earth, but being as close as it is to earth the possibility is there even a small possibility. call me crazy, but I think this would be the perfect time to try and shoot down an asteroid as it is a start to see the effects of what it would do. we all know the big one will be coming one day, and I think this would be a very good practice run, but my concern is if we were to destroy it would the pieces hit our satellites, and destroy all are communication's if it did we would be sent back to the dark ages. here's the link to the article. thanks all. ben... news.yahoo.com/newfound-asteroid-earth-super-close-shave-sunday-214219938.html

benny67

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ben evans
  • ben evans's Avatar Topic Author
  • live free or die
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: