exclamation-circle We're upsetting the Martian Natives

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1893 by Cruisedad
We're upsetting the Martian Natives was created by Cruisedad
Everything that I'm stating in this forum is my opinion. It appears that we are not being good neighbors to our fellow planetary beings. This is the SOL 1028 that Todd posted, and looking closely it appears that the rover has rolled right over some of the small humanoids and creatures. It flattened their homes and appears to have killed several of them.
The first image is the original shot rotated 45 degrees. You can see the destruction that occurred.
The second image shows a young woman looking up at the rover and shaking a stick in her right hand. An older lady can also be seen carrying some stuff out of her structure, and it looks as if someone is directly behind her.
The third image shows several humanoid and creature types bunched together, while below and to the right two children are peering out from under some rubble, with what looks like two dead bodies in front of them. Another individual is also seen up and to the right of them.
The mineral veins Todd is talking about are white linked chain (this is my opinion). When I get in tight enough I can see the individual links.
I'm sure NASA is aware of this issue, and should take a little more time, and check their route as best as possible before making any movement. We don't want to upset our neighbors now...do we!!!!!!

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Cruisedad.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1913 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic We're upsetting the Martian Natives
It looks like the MAHLI cam is mounted on the robotic arm.
mars.nasa.gov/msl/mission/rover/
I see no evidence that the rover's wheels have disturbed any of the scenes taken by the MAHLI cam on sol 1028 . They were likely shot on the side of the rover, away from the tires. Many times the robotic arm will position the MAHLI to take a self portrait of the bottom of the rover and the tires , but on sol 1028, I believe the camera was turned away from the rover.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1915 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic We're upsetting the Martian Natives
I did see wheel prints in the image. Give me some time and I'll get back to you.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: