question-circle Wall, structure or artificial object found on the Martian surface?

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #11751 by RaptorZN2000
This photograph (PSP_006857_2005) was taken by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) HiRISE Camera on 12 January 2008.

NASA describes this photograph as "Eastern Nili Fossae."

I discovered what looks like an artificial structure or object lying at the opening of a hole or crater on the Martian surface.

This anomaly looks totally out of place due to it's straight, uniform shape.

Original NASA source: www.uahirise.org/PSP_006857_2005

My Blog entry: mars.raptorzone.co.za/2018/03/03/could-this-be-a-wall-object-or-structure-on-the-martian-surface/

Could this anomaly be an artificial wall, structure, long pointed object or a natural occurring geological feature?

My YouTube video featuring this anomaly:

My Mars Anomalies YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI9L6oxXszc-iCy3ApVeiA
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by RaptorZN2000. Reason: Changed Blog URL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RaptorZN2000
  • RaptorZN2000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #11753 by Todd
There is a lot going on in that one. :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RaptorZN2000

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #11754 by RaptorZN2000
I know, right. I only focused on the "blade" like thing. Do you see any other anomalies that we need to focus on, please advise, I'd really appreciate it. B)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by RaptorZN2000. Reason: Syntax correction

• RaptorZN2000
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #11762 by Todd
Some sections look like a broken tile floor, in this case the "tiles" are around 40 to 120 square meters, so around the size of a studio apartment. Some of the multiple "tiles" appear squared off into sections with straight lines that seem determined and it doesn't look like mudrock or the result of hydro-thermal activity to me. The wall feature is around 25 meters long. I'm leaning towards it being an ancient eroded crater wall, but it is straight, I don't see a any curvature there. I uploaded a RDR PDS version I processed to GigaPan.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/206239

More
6 years 1 month ago #11771 by RaptorZN2000
Hi Todd, thank you so much for uploading the GigaPan, it looks awesome. Now that you mention it, those "tiles" did catch my eye but I wasn't sure about whether they might be unnatural. think I'll update my info on this one and give you due credit. Thanks a ton.

• RaptorZN2000
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #11773 by Todd
Here are a couple of good examples of what I'm talking about, the image is covered in this stuff.

NASA/JPL/University of Arizona original
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #11775 by RaptorZN2000
Hi Todd, incredible detail. Thanks a lot for sharing these. I plan to do an update tomorrow evening. I'll include these and credit you in the video.

• RaptorZN2000
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: