file Revisit to SOL 1405 Instrument / Monitor ?

6 years 1 month ago #11621 by dude
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01405/mcam/1405MR0068840030702091E01_DXXX.jpg

looks like a metallic cylindrical casing with a hemispherical top. possibly a glass section or window area. could this be a monitor / transmitter / beacon of some kind. does not look like a rock to me.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 1 month ago #11622 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Revisit to SOL 1405 Instrument / Monitor ?
Hmm that is weird looking - i'll grab the PDS image and try and get a cleaner look :cheer:

More
6 years 1 month ago #11625 by ??
That looks like the robot from Forbidden Planet buried up to its waste and facing to our left with the hands of the robot from Lost in Space to me. That is just my opinion; I could be wrong...especially about the hands.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #11626 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Revisit to SOL 1405 Instrument / Monitor ?

That looks like the robot from Forbidden Planet buried up to its waste and facing to our left with the hands of the robot from Lost in Space to me. That is just my opinion; I could be wrong...especially about the hands.

I really enjoyed that program when I was a child. Even then it was "corny", but it pales in comparison to today's computer graphics.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by ??. Reason: FIFY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude, ??, Glitch_Neo

• RocketDawg
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #11627 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Revisit to SOL 1405 Instrument / Monitor ?
Sorry it took me a while to get back to the thread.

Here goes... 4 varying outputs from multi spec of the raw data :dry: :woohoo: It does look like a little robot!

The following user(s) said Thank You: dude

More
6 years 1 month ago #11635 by dude
the object did not appear to change in any of the different views to me. I think we can say that there is a definite metal object sitting on the surface of MARS. rarely can we say this after different views & investigations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: