lightbulb Bent Pipe or Tubing found on Mars

6 years 3 months ago #11373 by RaptorZN2000
Replied by RaptorZN2000 on topic Bent Pipe or Tubing found on Mars
Hi Todd, no luck, the .IMG shows even less. Unfortunately there is no HiRise image available for these anomalies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RaptorZN2000
  • RaptorZN2000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #11374 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Bent Pipe or Tubing found on Mars
Thats a shame - They are odd looking

The first image looks like it feeds under a convex 'structure' or outcrop... (I'd go with the structure personally)

The second does seem to cast a shadow / it looks elevated at the 'bend'

Cool spot though, thanks Raptor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RaptorZN2000

More
6 years 3 months ago #11375 by RaptorZN2000
Replied by RaptorZN2000 on topic Bent Pipe or Tubing found on Mars
Hi Neo, cool, thanks. In future I'll try to do more Hi-Res photographs but NASA does not release the one's we really want to see. The CTX photographs do however cover larger area's (in low-rs though). Let's see what I can find next ... Jean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

• RaptorZN2000
  • RaptorZN2000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #11376 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Bent Pipe or Tubing found on Mars
It looks like the ridge has cast a small shadow on the opposite non-relief side. It still looks like a ridge made from debris flow to me, approximately 24 meters across. Yes, the Pyramidized TIFF is still the CTX version, I was just making sure Glitch was looking at that one instead of the smaller TIF with the other file formats for download.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #11377 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Bent Pipe or Tubing found on Mars

It looks like the ridge has cast a small shadow on the opposite non-relief side. It still looks like a ridge made from debris flow to me, approximately 24 meters across. Yes, the Pyramidized TIFF is still the CTX version, I was just making sure Glitch was looking at that one instead of the smaller TIF with the other file formats for download.

;) Cheers Guys.

Yep I just double checked to make sure! I thought it was, but had a "senior moment" and couldn't remember! :dry: :blink:

Hi Neo, cool, thanks. In future I'll try to do more Hi-Res photographs but NASA does not release the one's we really want to see. The CTX photographs do however cover larger area's (in low-rs though). Let's see what I can find next ... Jean.

Your welcome, I found some of your video's / spots quite intriguing! :cheer: And like you say the CTX does cover lots of ground with each image B) My PC is starting to struggle with images 20,000 pixels By 20,000 pixels (Approx) - At first i thought the low res was a graphics issue at my end - (This is after all a "Free" - second hand part's cobble together Franken-stein's-PC )

The trouble I have / had with some of the HiRise Images - OMG... :blink: Talk about an age to process!! lol

Out of pure interest - What Spec system do you use guys? I know Todd has a 960GTX Gpu but thats all i know...

I was Running an Athlon xII (3core) on an Asus mid range board, 4gb of DDR3 and a lowley HD5450 - Untill it went pop the other day...

Now I'm running this throw together..

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Glitch_Neo. Reason: Im stupid

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: