file Interesting Elements on SOL 618

6 years 2 months ago #11310 by Joe Hartung
Interesting Elements on SOL 618 was created by Joe Hartung
Good afternoon from Germany,

recently there was a post on SOL 618. That made me curios and so I decided to download the MR- and ML - Images, published to this SOL, from the NASA PDS. The following image

- Origial Link to NASA - JpL - Raw image: -

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0618MR0026010350401304E01_DXXX&s=618

contains some interesting elements . As always: Thinking about, what they could be, is speculation. But those elements have geometric structures, which look very anomalous for "just a rock"´s.

Below you can see the original raw image and the enhanced version, taken from the PDS, with marks and numbers to the following elements, I ´d like to accentuate.

What looks special to me:

Nr. 1: Looks like an altar or shrine. It has a clear straight line / shape on the right hand and some 3d-looking figures on the front side, which could be carved or worked out otherwise. If you increase the image, there´s furthermore a triangle to see.

Nr. 2: This element is coming up and has an own shadow. I´ve no idea, what to compare it with, But i also looks very strange for "just a rock". Maybe petrified wood?.

Nr. 3: ... comes also straight up. Looks like a little pillar or a fence post.

Nr. 4: Looks like a hand or maybe a feet, belonging to a statue. In my view I recognize something like three fingers or toes with fingernails/toenails.

Nr. 5: Could be part of a statue. I see a round structure on the top with little repeating mosaic elements.

So far, so good. I am looking forward for discussions. So what do you see?

Sincerly

Joe
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #11311 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Interesting Elements on SOL 618
There are quite a few oddities in this picture. Not an oddity, but it looks like all the things in the foreground are pretty close to the camera. Note the upper part of the picture is out of focus, which would not happen if the focus was set on infinity with a large depth of field.

To the right of your shrine is what appears to be a V-shaped channel, but taking a look at an enlargement of the original image it appears to be square bottomed and sided, and it's partially filled by sand. The V-shape is due to shadowing.

At the bottom of the "fence post" is another feature coming almost directly toward the camera. It's partially covered by sand.

And there's probably a lot more strange looking things. Pretty rough terrain at any rate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe Hartung

• RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #11322 by Joe Hartung
Replied by Joe Hartung on topic Interesting Elements on SOL 618
Hello RD,
thanks for your comment.

In this reply I have enclosed the image with mark Nr. 6, the structure in the "shrine", that to me looks like a triangle.

Sincerly

Joe
Attachments:

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: