file New tiny sphere on SOL 1901?

6 years 3 months ago #10915 by Joe Hartung
New tiny sphere on SOL 1901? was created by Joe Hartung
Good Moring from Germany,

the following image from SOL 1901

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1901MR0099470000900037E01_DXXX&s=1901

has something in it, that looks like a tiny sphere. In the enclosed version of this image (color corrected and increased to 8000 pixels) I´ve marked the object. It seems to have a polished and shiny surface. Is it actually a sphere like many others, that have been discovered by Will and other buddies on WUITS? ...

So what do you see ?

Sincerly

Joe
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #10917 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic New tiny sphere on SOL 1901?
Yeah, looks like a blueberry. The rest of the whitish rock pretty much covering the entire picture is stange looking!

• RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #10950 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic New tiny sphere on SOL 1901?

Good Moring from Germany,

<strong>Yeah, looks like a blueberry</strong>. The rest of the whitish rock pretty much covering the entire picture is strange looking!

Morning Joe, RD

Nice shiny Blueberry indeed - cool little spot.

Did you guys notice the object in the bottom right it looks designed...
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Glitch_Neo. Reason: I can't sp3ll

More
6 years 3 months ago #10952 by dude
Replied by dude on topic New tiny sphere on SOL 1901?
here is a larger view of the bluish sphere. also I have added an image of a crazy looking spherical object with a bracket. does it have a pattern on the surface? it is also on SOL1901
Attachments:

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 3 months ago #10956 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic New tiny sphere on SOL 1901?
More and more of them. They look so out of place. especially since they are shined up.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #10960 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic New tiny sphere on SOL 1901?
Maybe it's somewhere and I missed it, but I would like to see a map showing their geographic distribution, as far as can be measured. This would be a data point that could be compaired with with other geologic maps, as far as they can be determined, and their correlation to suspected mineral veins could provide a clue to their makeup.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ??. Reason: Corrected spelling. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #10961 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic New tiny sphere on SOL 1901?

here is a larger view of the bluish sphere. also I have added an image of a crazy looking spherical object with a bracket. does it have a pattern on the surface? it is also on SOL1901

Can't tell if the blueberry has a shiny surface or if it's just a spot of white on it, much like artists do when they want to depict reflection in eyes.

The thing on the top of the second sphere really doesn't look strange. I have no idea what it is. Kinda looks like a squirrel cage fan with an air exit vent on the top.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by RocketDawg.

• RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: