file Interesting things on SOL 1866

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #10433 by Joe Hartung
Interesting things on SOL 1866 was created by Joe Hartung
Good morning from Germany,

the ML-Color-images from recent SOL 1866 contain some rsp. many intersting structures that from my point of view are hard to imagine being "just a rock"´s... Following you can find the links to the NASA-jpl raw images. In addition I have enclosed a composite, created by Photoshop and little enhanced by color correction and increased to 15000 Pixels. In Composite Nr. 2 I´ve marked some of the structures / elements which look remarkable.

Links to NASA-jpl:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520080703177E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520070703176E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520060703175E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520050703174E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520040703173E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520030703172E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520020703171E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520010703170E01_DXXX.jpg

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01866/mcam/1866ML0097520000703169E01_DXXX.jpg

RAW images original:

And here are the Composites:

Unfortunately the Tif-Composite had to be compressed to jpg again for getting it published on WUITS. But I hope that it´s enough to take a closer look.

Composite ML 703169 - 703177, color corrected.

Composite ML 703169 - 703177, color corrected with marks and comments.

There are still much more intersting things. I´ve marked some of those, which immediately fell in my eyes. So what do you guys see?

Have a good night rsp. a pretty day wherever you are.

Sincerly

Joe
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Joe Hartung. Reason: Images have not been uploaded
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, gessa, Glitch_Neo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #10434 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Interesting things on SOL 1866
Your markups and comments are really, really small. Can you make them larger?

More
6 years 5 months ago #10438 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Interesting things on SOL 1866
If you right click on the image in the window or when it pops up and hit save image as you should get a decent size that can be read easily. Hope this helps! Nice mosaic! The background buildings interest the hell outta me!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe Hartung

More
6 years 5 months ago #10446 by RocketDawg
Yeah, you're right Will. I didn't realize there was high enough resolution to expand that much but it worked well.

The Nr. 1 Mechanical Debris looks interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe Hartung

More
6 years 5 months ago #10447 by Joe Hartung
Replied by Joe Hartung on topic Interesting things on SOL 1866
Good moring, Sir "Rocket Dawg", :-)

it´s good too see that Will´s info could solve the little problem.

As I experienced after several tries / attempts the maximum capacity for one image to be loaded up on WUITS is 2 MB. So a mosaic that has been created in Photoshop and increased to 15.000 Pixels, has to be compressed to jpg again before loading up. I guess this is also the reason for the small remarks and comments.

The good news is: Now I know how to spell / write the word "debris" correctly... :-)...

So, have a great day.

Sincerly

Joe

More
6 years 5 months ago #10451 by RocketDawg

it´s good too see that Will´s info could solve the little problem.

As I experienced after several tries / attempts the maximum capacity for one image to be loaded up on WUITS is 2 MB. So a mosaic that has been created in Photoshop and increased to 15.000 Pixels, has to be compressed to jpg again before loading up. I guess this is also the reason for the small remarks and comments.

The good news is: Now I know how to spell / write the word "debris" correctly... :-)...

So, have a great day.

Sincerly

Joe

Ha. :) But aren't you in Germany? Shouldn't be expected to spell it correctly if it's not your native language. It doesn't sound like it would be spelled with an "s".

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #10452 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Interesting things on SOL 1866
Citizen Quasar posted a video link about the "hollowed" mound that is sat just in front of the large pyramid(s) quiteinteresting.

There have been some really decent images recently of this area - For me, the rover cant get close enough quick enough!

Just look at the structures in this Gigapan by Neville T www.gigapan.com/gigapans/203892 - Exciting times :lol:

I think we will see some astonishing evidence soon in these rover images - If we are lucky anyway...

The skeptic in me thinks NASA will announce the rover is dead, and just continue with its mission (ture Civilisation evidence gathering) without the world looking and breathing down their backs....

So, have a great day.

Sincerly

Joe

Brilliant line, made me smile
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Glitch_Neo.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: