file Underground Hatch

6 years 5 months ago #10396 by dude
Underground Hatch was created by dude
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01264/mcam/1264ML0059140030504288E01_DXXX.jpg
good ole SOL 1264 again. I always see things on these images each time I scan over them. this is a very busy area of rocks & debris. the light bulb needs an enhanced view for sure. (probably just the lighting is fooling me) anyway, see what you think with an open mind.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 5 months ago #10398 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Underground Hatch
Those were shot with the left Mastcam in low light, which is why they don't look too good. I don't see another image of that formation, sometimes the l-cam is all we get. Try these, processed from the PDS raw DRCX .img file.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS originals:
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1264ML0059140040504289E01_DXXX&s=1264
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1264ML0059140030504288E01_DXXX&s=1264
Attachments:

More
6 years 5 months ago #10403 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Underground Hatch

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01264/mcam/1264ML0059140030504288E01_DXXX.jpg
good ole SOL 1264 again. I always see things on these images each time I scan over them. this is a very busy area of rocks & debris. the light bulb needs an enhanced view for sure. (probably just the lighting is fooling me) anyway, see what you think with an open mind.

1264.. You don't need to look for longer than 2 seconds to see there is debris scattered - I could get lost in this mosaic for hours - spoilt for choice, like the Sol 620 +/- Sets of Images.

As for the "Bulb" I admit it's not the best light or resolution - but there is an area that could well be transparent / very lightly translucent. I had a couple of similar "Glass" type translucent objects in a couple of mosaics in my "Image Dump HDD" I'll try and dig them out over the next week - the bloody HDD will ONLY work through mu USB Dock recently for some reason - I suspect it's on it's way out....... Nooooooo ... Already lost about 63gb of Images on my dead laptop HDD in September this year. :oops:

Cheers Dude for the shares - & Todd for the Mosaic

More
6 years 5 months ago #10424 by Glitch_Neo
Been looking at this the other day, I'm still undecided :dry: I don't think it's a hatch, but id definitely a structured artifact with an opening.
Attachments:

More
6 years 5 months ago #10425 by Glitch_Neo
Here's what I thought was a Hatch... Not sure on the scale mind...

1609MR0082250010800968E01_DRCX

Original

www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/image/01609/1609MR0082250010800968E01_DXXX.html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dude

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: