file Shell fish fossils sol 529?

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9810 by Haymaker
Shell fish fossils sol 529? was created by Haymaker
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00529/mcam/0529MR0020920200303342E01_DXXX.jpg
This image from way back on Sol 529 is the one with the spear head/fish hook feature protruding from a rock. But that's not what I want to draw your attention to as this feature has already been spotted. Instead there appear to be several round fossil imprints on some of the rocks. As this image is taken from lower down one of the slopes at Dingo Gap it is not such a great leap to think the rocks were at or below water level of a river that once ran through the gap a long time ago. The round features are eroded and hard to spot. Despite the erosion I tend to think these are real features and not pareidolia.

This pictures are from a PDS 8 bit images. They have been enhanced with auto colour and the enlarged images are also processed using a "hard light" feature of Affinity Photo.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Haymaker.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Haymaker
  • Haymaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: