file Hi All - "Starchild Skull" Gigapan 843

6 years 7 months ago #9738 by Glitch_Neo
Hi All - "Starchild Skull" Gigapan 843 was created by Glitch_Neo
Hey all

Firstly a big Hello from me Glitch_Neo aka Terraform Mars on Youtube. Picked up the Mars bug a few months ago after stumbling across a few video's on youtube. Now I'm hooked on the "Anomaly hunt"

Not sure you guys have seen this find, I found it around a month or so ago and made a Video - ArtAlienTV (Joe) did a video on it too. Thought I'd share it here with like minded people with a passion for the unusual find.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #9742 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Hi All - "Starchild Skull" Gigapan 843
Welcome Glitch_Neo! There is quite a bit of amazing stuff sitting around in the sol 843 Mastcam images. I notice the color never came down for the raw browse jpgs. I uploaded a GigaPan of sol 843 a few weeks ago.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/200527

The object in question is very small, roughly about the size of a golf ball or a tortoise skull. Here's a version from the PDS DRCX .img file with an enhanced enlargement below.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo

More
6 years 7 months ago #9743 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Hi All - "Starchild Skull" Gigapan 843
I think I worked it out around the 2" mark also - After discussing it with a friend and re-examining the image we came up with a small "Pygmy Marmoset" size creature - but as I posted it as a "starchild" skull it kind of stuck.

Cheers

Neal
Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #9746 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Hi All - "Starchild Skull" Gigapan 843
Welcome! Love to see some of your work shared on here! I had asked some of my subs to sub to your page. I used to have more power to help subs out before the UFO clickbait guys who used to be researchers sold out to the YouTube money. :/
On a better note! Great to see you here! A lot of people are wall flowers.. You can see them reading and browsing on my end.. Share away. Todd is a WEALTH of information. He is good with the scale, getting amazing images out from the PDS files in the Database and just being a all around awesome guy! I think you will find that most people involved are very cool and much more "Down to Earth" then the regular person on the street. I thank them so much while I have been busy they have kept the site active and growing!
I replied to your comment on YouTube but this looks like a small skull as you say. It could be anything but like the image below I don't just scale and size of life. Remember that think Dr Greer had been taking around. It had a full skeleton and no mater what it turned out to be. It looked like it could be very smart. Just like most species on Earth.
I find my cats pickup more then most people. So it is good to have people to show them what we are finding. Multiple Missions, planets.. The whole flat earth movement becoming thrown in our face.. We are on the way.. Disclosure comes on Mars and it comes from all of us in the form of ancient life or possible life in the area's that are not like our deserts. :) Look forward to many conversations on here!

More
6 years 7 months ago #9751 by Glitch_Neo

Welcome! Love to see some of your work shared on here! I had asked some of my subs to sub to your page. I used to have more power to help subs out before the UFO clickbait guys who used to be researchers sold out to the YouTube money. :/

Hi Will,

Many thanks for the warm welcome you and Todd have given me, As for Youtube and the "Click Bait" posse have shown their true colours - and chased the money sadly... It's such a shame for guys like Tyler at Secure Team who have seen their incomes slashed by the actions of a minority of idiots that misused the platform for monetary gains.

On a better note! Great to see you here! A lot of people are wall flowers.. You can see them reading and browsing on my end.. Share away. Todd is a WEALTH of information. He is good with the scale, getting amazing images out from the PDS files in the Database and just being a all around awesome guy!

Your welcome, as my youtube channel - it's not really been about subs, more to get people to realise what is/was on Mars - I was getting fed up of the "It's just a rock" answer from my two sons and anyone else I showed images too -- So I thought I would learn how to edit / enhance images - and put a few slideshows together. This led me to Gigapan / and Todd's guide on here on how to download RAW .img files from the Notebook tool and convert them from RAW to PNG etc.. I thanked Todd yesterday in the Chat and he responded with an open invitation to any help or questions on the RAW - convert - Stitch side! So yep, I agree top man!

I think you will find that most people involved are very cool and much more "Down to Earth" then the regular person on the street. The whole flat earth movement becoming thrown in our face.. We are on the way.. Disclosure comes on Mars and it comes from all of us in the form of ancient life or possible life in the area's that are not like our deserts. :) Look forward to many conversations on here!

They must be a tad cooler than the "regular" sheep I meet at work / kids school / etc.. seem to worry about "Big Brother" and "Soap Opera's" but never open their mind to anything more intelligent... It's a welcome relief to have a space away from Trolls and morons for you guys I'm sure - I'll get comfy and try to contribute in a meaningful and useful way for sure.

Many thanks Will, Todd

Kind regards

Neal

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9752 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Hi All - "Starchild Skull" Gigapan 843

I was getting fed up of the "It's just a rock" answer from my two sons and anyone else I showed images too

Here's my opinion on stone. If there are artifacts left over from an ancient Martian civilization, and obviously I think there are, a great number of them would be in the stone record, either as broken pieces of lithic monuments or as a variety of fossil types. Paraphrasing Dr. Makoto Kowta's article, " Recognizing Artifacts ," "stone and lithic artifacts are among the most challenging to identify for beginners." I think a lot of samples in the rover images pass the article's criteria, although keep in mind the paper was written with Earth processes in mind. Here are a few of the "rocks," that I think pass with flying colors.

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1296ML0061580040405392E01_DXXX&s=1296
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1302ML0061911060405681E01_DXXX&s=1302
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01287/mhli/1287MH0002610010500109E01_DXXX.jpg (far left)

We are likely seeing three main categories of artifacts. One, pieces of stone construction, likely the most common. Two, mineral replacement fossils, where minerals replace cellular structure over time. This one is the most subjective, since past potential Martian species are unknown to us. Three, actual objects in a state of decay, also somewhat rare. I think the Opportunity sol 3634 image is a good example of a mineral replacement fossil, stone that resembles a dead animal, but I stress it's somewhat subjective. I think the sample taken from Curiosity on sol 1106 shows an actual artifact in deterioration . The 5 frame composite from sol 551 may show all three. Stone is an important material in archaeology, since other materials erode and decay at a faster rate when exposed to elements.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Todd. Reason: punctuation added

More
6 years 7 months ago #9759 by Glitch_Neo
Some superb examples there, Cheers Todd.

I'm not archaeologist, geologist or trained in any scientific field - But it doesn't take much research to realize that the artifacts / anomalies strune around the surface just don't look quite right, there's a hint of "un-natural" running through a lot of images.

You can clearly see layers of debris in many images, at first I was thinking tech integrated into the rock - a construction method perhaps... Now I have to agree, we see layer upon layer of sedimentary elements / minerals etc layered with the remnants of a past civilization on the planet.. I'm undecided on anything large being alive on mars, perhaps underground in the subterranean caves and old lava tubes... I'd love there to be, but for now its pure speculation. As for the smaller life, thats an interesting one - As we see in Chernobyl and surrounding areas, small life that has many many generational changes can adapt quite well to the higher radiation / like that found on mars surface - The short lifespan and change of genes in rapid succession altars the DNA but doesn't completely destroy it. Cancers are an issue non the less... the same for the martian surface i'm sure. So small life, like insects or small lizards with limited exposure and minimal dietary needs could live in some areas I'm convinced.

I will openly admit - Sometimes I come back to an image and think.... WOW my imagination must have run riot at 3am :ohmy: So after my first few really crappy slide shows, I decided to put some time in to learning a few new skills on Photoshop, and triple checking everything I was doing - or no one would ever take anything seriously. I've got a long way to go, I'm under no illusion! - Today I successfully Started to process a load of RAW PDS images from nasa - shame my Workshop PC is like a calculator - next step getting some gigapans created, in between scouring photo's.

This is a world away from my experience on the PC, used to do a bit of android hacking and compiling for fun. And a world away from furniture repairs and sales (My Job)

Cheers

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: