file Sol 1795. Interesting ChemCam image

6 years 7 months ago #9698 by Joe Hartung
Sol 1795. Interesting ChemCam image was created by Joe Hartung
Good morning from Germany,

there is this very amazing Chem Cam image on SOL 1795

marsmobile.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=CR0_556844335PRC_F0651642CCAM02795L1&s=1795

On the top of that rock formation there is something that in my eyes looks like a cross rsp. like a cruzifix. Right beside it there is something going perfectly straight up in a rightangel.

It's hard to imagine something like that could be made by geology rsp. nature.

So what do you see?

Sincerly

Joe
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Todd, Haymaker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9699 by Haymaker
Replied by Haymaker on topic Sol 1795. Interesting ChemCam image
Wow. I see what could be the part skeletal remains of some kind of structure. If it is then it is old, decayed and covered in dust and stuff. As a natural geological formation ...could be...hard to explain I think. If it were rock it would have to be hard and not crumbly for the "beam" to stay up there. But the harder the rock presumably the heavier it will be. Double wow. B)

The MastCam images of Sol 1795 are not released yet. Let's see what they show. I'm betting there will be no good images of this feature from the MastCam.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Haymaker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar

More
6 years 7 months ago #9700 by Haymaker
I have tried to sharpen this image.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WillFarrar, Todd

More
6 years 7 months ago #9702 by dude
Replied by dude on topic Sol 1795. Interesting ChemCam image
Good eyes, that looks like mechanical parts & pieces to me. maybe a tool box that has rotted away?

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 7 months ago #9705 by WillFarrar
Replied by WillFarrar on topic Sol 1795. Interesting ChemCam image
Wow I haven't seen many chemcam images actually shot at the distance.. Which of course blurs it but you sure can see that. I will have to check this out for sure! Great post!

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #9707 by Haymaker
Looks like this is going to be frustrating. 35 mastcam thumbnails have now been posted to the Curiosity Raw images for Sol 1795. Thumbnails not being very helpful and none are an image of the uprights spotted by Joe. Maybe Nasa will post more later but have strong suspicion we will not be getting better views.

I had a thought. if the upright is artificial then it is likely the second upright just to the right is part of the same structure and at some point in the past would also have a "cross beam" attached. In which case there may be evidence of that lying around near the foot of the second upright but we need better images,
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Haymaker.

More
6 years 7 months ago #9720 by Joe Hartung
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: