file Why we don't see more obvious debris.

6 years 8 months ago #9506 by Smittysmit
Why we don't see more obvious debris. was created by Smittysmit
All, this is my second posting on this site. I earlier "poked the bear" on the Gallium topic.

I have people question why we don't see more artifacts. I like to compare it to the city of Joplin Missouri. For those of you in the states, you may remember it being decimated with an F5 tornado. When you look at before and after pictures, there is a major difference. There are many things that "disappeared". In reality, the debris was spread over a wide area. Houses leveled, cars tossed around. Some people were lucky to find much of anything. This again was an F5 tornado...The strongest and most deadly.

Now we move to Mars. We will likely never know what exactly happened but know it WAS a cataclysmic event. Personally, I'm going with an asteroid and Mars is closer to the belt. Let's say an asteroid or nuclear event happened. Maybe we could give it a rating of F500 or possibly higher. Add in a few hundred thousand years (or longer) of dust settling and expect to see very little.

In either event example above, there would be a massive amount of heat. This heat would have disintegrated most biological material leaving stone and metal.

The only way to solve this would be with manual excavation. Will it happen in our lifetime? Doubt it. Is NASA blowing smoke on a lot of what we get from them? Most likely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #9507 by dude
Replied by dude on topic Why we don't see more obvious debris.
Very good thoughts & I agree with most of them. also, many times I have wondered how advanced these beings actually were since there is so much stone work. were they just getting to the point of expressing their feelings thru artwork. rarely do we see huge I-BEAMS or glass objects. rarely have searchers pointed out anomalies that look like large vehicles. of course we are only seeing a very minute part of the planet and our chances of finding positive proof is limited. I still think that during a planet wide disaster there would be some structures shielded by mountains and underwater.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 8 months ago #9508 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Why we don't see more obvious debris.
In Dr. Makoto Kowta's article "Recognizing Artifacts ," he states why stone and lithic artifacts are among the most challenging to identify and that's here on Earth. I think another ancient civilization with an unknown culture, where most everything had transferred to the stone record, would be extremely challenging to identify, but not impossible and I believe we are seeing it, on occasion.

"The only way to solve this would be with manual excavation. Will it happen in our lifetime?"

I agree and probably not. :unsure:

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: