check Opportunity Rover: "The Spirit of St. Louis Crater" Image Compilation (GigaPan)

6 years 8 months ago #9394 by Todd
Here is a compilation of composites and images from "The Spirit of St. Louis Crater" taken by Opportunity's Panoramic Camera between sol 3967 and 4066. The images which make up the bottom 2 frame composite have yet to be released as raw browse jpgs. The images were processed from the PDS raw .img files.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/200681

mars.nasa.gov/mer/gallery/all/opportunity.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #9397 by RocketDawg
The single image on the bottom line has a really odd looking large black rock. The two images to its left are strange looking also. Looks like they're probably volcanic.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #9406 by Todd
There's actually a lot to see in that one. I think I see what you're talking about, it's broken right in the middle. The green fragments are interesting, a lot of color there.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Todd. Reason: error

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #9410 by ??
Thanks to your Gigapan postings, I am finally starting to learn about Mars. I think your Gigapans should be in everyone’s toolkit.

As I am learning the features, I sometimes make up my own names for some of them as a memory aid. That formation of green rocks in the lower left image I have nicknamed “Stegosaurus Rock.”
B)

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by ??. Reason: Added image. reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: