file Damaged Wheels Proved Me Wrong !

6 years 11 months ago #8754 by dude
Damaged Wheels Proved Me Wrong ! was created by dude
Seven months ago I posted images of the damage to the wheels that seemed fatal to me. I gave them only a few days of life before at least one would break in half & spread open. Boy was I wrong! somehow they have hung on & just keep going. I can't seem to find newer images to compare to these old ones I posted. here they are again & I believe you will see why I made the comments. oh well, live & learn !
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 11 months ago #8757 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Damaged Wheels Proved Me Wrong !
I think Emily Lakdawalla's blog post from 2014 is still relevant, especially the part about prolonging the wheel life. Why these wheels have become so damaged is still a mystery to me. Even if they were driving over sharp metals, I don't think the front wheels would look as bad as they do. Although there's no evidence to support it, new member Smittysmit came up with what I thought was the most logical theory so far.
www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.php/forum/the-planet-mars/4115-martian-organisms-attack-damage-curiosity-s-rover-wheels-after-only-10-miles#8646

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: