file anomalie seen

6 years 11 months ago #8731 by ssake
anomalie seen was created by ssake
I'm new here, and new to this topic. I just finished watching this video on Youtube:

And I noticed something the presenter didn't seem to pick up on. Sorry if this is old news, but it's so striking to me I wanted to share it. Photo attached. This is a bent, four-sided rod of some kind, and it seems to be capped on the end with something of slightly different color. I can't imagine that this could possibly be a natural feature.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #8732 by ??
Replied by ?? on topic anomalie seen
Welcome aboard and thanks for posting! :cheer: I enlarged this a little bit for clarity.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ??. Reason: Added text. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #8743 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic anomalie seen
ssake, All opinions/views are more than welcome! The best way to arrive at a quality analysis is to bounce ideas off each other. I, along with Will and others, have been revisiting the images in older SOLS because the tools we have are much improved over what we used even a few years ago. Plus it helps to come back to the images with fresh ideas.

I equate it to information overload. When the SOLS are released there is so much data to absorb all at once it is easy to miss many details. However sharing discoveries is what this site is all about. That is the genius of Will Farrar when he created this forum.

More
6 years 11 months ago #8759 by admin15
Replied by admin15 on topic anomalie seen
Hi SSake, just went over the video again and Will did run the cursor over the anomaly. im new to this forum as well, so welcome and keep searching..

More
6 years 11 months ago #8760 by ssake
Replied by ssake on topic anomalie seen
If he commented on it I must have missed it. I think it's as dramatic as the stair-stepped cone object that's highlighted on the website, because if I read it correctly, it's a curved rectangular beam, with a different-colored cap on the end. I'd love to see a higher-resolution image of it if one is available. One's eyes can certainly play tricks on one, but if it's what I'm interpreting, I can't see any possible way it could be a natural formation. Nor could it have fallen off the Rover. So with this one artifact, it would essentially be a "done deal," if such a thing were possible.

More
6 years 11 months ago #8764 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic anomalie seen
Here is a singular version I processed from the PDS raw DRCX .img file. I also processed an over sized version at 200% and an enhanced enlargement below.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #8765 by ssake
Replied by ssake on topic anomalie seen
I'm still seeing a curved, possibly metallic beam, possibly with a different-colored cap on it. Not only that, if you follow the curve around to the left, it seems contiguous with some kind of fan-shaped object, like a tail. At least that seems to be in the same line as the curve. I can't tell if the middle of the object, on the ground, is running between two stones, or if there is some kind of melting in the foreground there. But it hardly looks natural.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: