file "Amazing Evidence of Life On Mars. Tree Stump Found On Mars"

6 years 11 months ago #8449 by ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ??
  • ??'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #8486 by dude
i'm sorry but I just do not agree that this is a petrified tree stump. I have looked closely & it appears stratified like a section of rock ledge. in fact, just a few feet away to the right is a larger piece of stratified rock clearly standing vertical & these two pieces are probably connected under the sand. in this case, I believe you are jumping the gun with your assumptions that this shows positive proof of previous life. you asked for opinions & that's what I think.

CLARIFICATION; my comments were never intended for CitizenQuasar (who I hold in the highest regards) but intended to the guy who made the video. I hoped these comments would get back to him. I just thought his video statements were too bold & somewhat misleading. we should all be very careful of making such positive claims about life on MARS which I feel is a very serious matter.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by dude. Reason: CLARIFICATION OF COMMENTS

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #8488 by ??
Me? I thought twice about posting this video but I posted it anyway as an anomaly because he sports the UFAH logo and it was discovered by Neville Thompson. Here is further internet commentary on this image:

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ??. Reason: Corrected typo.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #8489 by RocketDawg
I don't think it's a tree stump either ... as you say, just a stratified rock that looks like a stump ... but I'm pretty sure that CQ was just passing it along as an item of interest, not necessarily endorsing it.

I first saw the video a couple of days ago on a site called Paranormal Crucible. Not sure if they're a part of this community, but I don't find the site to be very credible.

More
6 years 11 months ago #8490 by Todd
There's a Daily Mail article about this one and I'm not going to link to it. :cheer:

• Todd
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #8492 by ??
OK. 'Sorry about posting that, guys. Yes, I did post it as an anomaly, an item of curiosity. I do appreciate the feedback. I am inclined to believe it is some kind of rock outcropping myself. I will be more discerning in future posts.

FWIW: Where I live, there is a city park called Garden of the Gods that has quite a few formations similar to this, though on a much larger scale.

As the story goes, water flowed eastward out of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains and laid down layers of red sandstone sediment. Then, as the mountains rose, geologic pressures tilted the entire formation vertical leaving a few acres of rocks like these. Perhaps something similar happened on Mars, especially if there were floods and/or tsunamis.

Here is an aerial drone view.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ??. Reason: Added video. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 11 months ago #8493 by Todd
Actually, I'm glad you posted this one.

• Todd
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: