lock Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

6 years 5 months ago #10247 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Navcam Composites (Left + Right) SOL 1846 - (Stitching and colour corrected from yesterdays abortion!)

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/203450

"End User Malfunction".. thats the issue... :dry: I'll re- do it now.

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1846&camera=NAV_LEFT_
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1846&camera=NAV_RIGHT_
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 5 months ago #10248 by Glitch_Neo
:dry: :sick: :blink: See how you guys take this one....

Gigapan "Martian Geology Lesson 101" - - - or destined for "Room 101!!"

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/203451

Various Sols - from Nasa.jpl website
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd
More
6 years 5 months ago #10249 by Todd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #10253 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Copius blueberries in the bottom center picture. At least when we go there we won't starve, but I'm not sure how well blueberries freeze. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 5 months ago #10256 by Glitch_Neo
Thanks Todd & RocketDawg for the encouraging response!

I really wanted to produce something interesting - rather than a bunch of run of the mill (jaundice-coloured :dry: ) images.....

Kinda' unlike 95% of the gigapans I've already uploaded! :blush:

One thing I have found with the subject of "Mars, the Moon, anomalies etc" is constructive criticism is hard to come by... Especially online - Anonymity gives some people a real "penis extension" like complex! lol :lol:

It's either Trolls banging on about Chuck Norris, weirdo Christian Trolls shoving Jesus down my neck or some equally annoying tard' with nothing decent to say other than how "I'm Gay, or they had my sister last night etc etc...

So can I just say, Thanks for not mocking me (Publicly anyway! :dry: :huh: :unsure: ;) ) And actually pointing me towards new ideas, info and telling me if its wrong its wrong... Like my nice "Cyan-less" Gigapans!

I'm trying to contribute something meaningful - so if it's crap, spam, or a fresh perspective - Don't be shy in telling me so!

Thanks again

Neal
More
6 years 5 months ago #10257 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
They sometimes shoot images in less than favorable lighting conditions and to some extent, every exposure is different and requires a different correction. I find the most difficult stuff to correct are the exposures where they shoot into the sun so all the shadows are facing forward. I keep saying the next MSL rover needs a thirty ft. fill-flash on it for our sake.:cheer: The color was certainly no fun to do on these composites that I just finished from sol 1092.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/203475

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1092&camera=MAST_
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01092.html
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #10258 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

They sometimes shoot images in less than favorable lighting conditions and to some extent, every exposure is different and requires a different correction. I find the most difficult stuff to correct are the exposures where they shoot into the sun so all the shadows are facing forward. I keep saying the next MSL rover needs a thirty ft. fill-flash on it for our sake.:cheer: The color was certainly no fun to do on these composites that I just finished from sol 1092.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/203475

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=1092&camera=MAST_
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/01092.html

Since the color is so difficult to do, do you guys think that if I happened to be standing on the surface of Mars, I'd see the colors that you have in your Gigapans? Presumably all the color correction you guys do is to make the photographs as close to real life observations as possible.

Does Mars really have blue rocks? :P
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: