• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #10192 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan
Hmmm. Looks like the ancient Martians invented the trailer hitch. :cheer:

There are some really strange things on Mars. I doubt I live to see it, but it's going to be great when we have men on Mars. So many things to investigate, and these pictures represent a very, very small portion of the planet.
The topic has been locked.
  • RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #10193 by RocketDawg
Replied by RocketDawg on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Here is a composite made from Mastcam images taken on sol 789.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/203269

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=789&camera=MAST_
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/00789.html

There are some interesting formations in that series of pictures too. Mars never ceases to amaze.

Not so much in this gigapan, but the blueberries remind me of the little spheres you get from welding sparks. Possibly similar dynamics in their formation.
  • RocketDawg
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #10201 by Glitch_Neo
Replied by Glitch_Neo on topic Curiosity Rover Composites on GigaPan

Here is a composite made from Mastcam images taken on sol 789.

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/203269

mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=789&camera=MAST_
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/sol/00789.html

There are some interesting formations in that series of pictures too. Mars never ceases to amaze.

Not so much in this gigapan, but the blueberries remind me of the little spheres you get from welding sparks. Possibly similar dynamics in their formation.

Funny you should say that, in quite a few of the gigapans there are, what looks to be, "ridge's" that look like "Melted Dribbles" of rock and mineral running down the side... That along with the Valles Marineris looking like the result of huge electrical discharge on the one side of the planet... gouging out the trench and its capileries... its not unreasonable to theorize that a lot of the "blue" stone on mars was created by electrical charges / discahrges and shorts.. the temperatures involved would be huge - If a huge electrical discharge struck the planet - surly we would see evidence of it ....

The space or cosmological thunderbolt theory has been around for a while now.

www.holoscience.com/wp/spiral-galaxies-grand-canyons/?article=rnde0zza

" As in arc welding, material from the electrode will be accelerated upwards against gravity. This means that any electrical event capable of creating the Valles Marineris on Mars would likely throw huge volumes of rock into space, creating vast debris clouds. Some of the ejecta would encircle Mars or fall back to the planet, while other material would presumably escape the battlefield altogether, to be encountered by the Earth and other planets across the millennia.

The electric interpretation thus removes another conundrum. It explains why Martian meteorites have arrived at Earth to perplex physicists and geologists. Until the signature of Martian atmosphere in these meteorites was identified beyond any reasonable doubt, the experts said that such rocks could not achieve escape velocity from Mars without being vaporized by the explosive force required."

These are not the best images of the discharge path(s) but it gives a rough idea..

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

(Work PC has hardly any images stored sorry! I will try and update to better pics later (UK time)
More
6 years 6 months ago #10202 by Todd
  • Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #10203 by Glitch_Neo
More
6 years 6 months ago #10204 by Glitch_Neo
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: