file New PDS-Files, published on March, 16th 2017, missing images?

7 years 1 month ago #8100 by Joe Hartung
Good morning from Germany,

some minutes ago I took a look at the new PDS-Files from Curiosity-SOL 1418 - 1514. One of the first results is that there os only a few number of images to view, mostly images of the Chem Cham. Images of the MastCams are missing completely.

For example on SOL 1429

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=#/?slide=1429

there are many colorized images made by the MastCams. Until now I could not find them on the new PDS-Site for SOL 1429. Does it still take some time until the missing images are going public or are there reasons for not publishing them? Or maybe: Did I not find the correct way to navigate to those images?

I´d be greatful for further information on that.

Kind regards from Germany

Joe Hartung

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #8107 by Todd
My best guess is they start uploading them on the announced date but it may take several hours to be completed. I noticed they created a link for them, but right now it goes to a not found page. I think they'll probably be up soon.

More
7 years 1 month ago #8114 by RocketDawg
On this picture, upper left quadrant on the horizon, is a rectangular, almost square, object. With the sofware I (don't) have, I can only expand the picture one time so I can't really tell what it is. That is really some strange looking terrain though. Mars has lots of secrets.

Let's see if this pictue link will work: mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/proj/msl/redops/ods/surface/sol/01429/opgs/edr/fcam/FLB_524352677EDR_F0561632FHAZ00341M_.JPG

More
7 years 1 month ago #8117 by barkingsteve
this section ? here ya go.

Attachments:

More
7 years 1 month ago #8118 by RocketDawg
Yes, that's the right spot. It's the part just about in the center.
Maybe somebody with the correct software can brighten it up a little.

More
7 years 1 month ago #8121 by Todd
The hazcam images have a wide field of view, low detail and are really meant for hazard avoidance . Those are some of the "Murray Buttes" in the background. I've done a mosaic of the formation on the right from the sol 1429 mastcam images , where you can get a better look at those formations.

www.whatsupinthesky.com/index.php/forum/the-planet-mars/2685-the-martian-statue-of-liberty?start=35#6142
www.whatsupinthesky.com/media/kunena/attachments/1237/1429-pan2-2.png

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #8142 by Todd
The PDS mastcams from release 14 are still not accessible, I just sent the site manager an email.

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: