file SOL 969 Statue Parts

7 years 2 months ago #7692 by dude
SOL 969 Statue Parts was created by dude
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00969/mcam/0969MR0042830140502588E02_DXXX.jpg
are these pieces the beginning carvings for a large statue? I tried to isolate them from the surrounding rubble. one looks like an eye & the other looks like a bracelet maybe. open both images & compare.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben evans, Badsneaker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
7 years 2 months ago #7702 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic SOL 969 Statue Parts
Great find, dude!

Without trying to hijack your post, I have another image with statue parts. I've never really been able to identify all of them. But there are many more from this SOL 725. Any help in figuring out what these are is greatly appreciated!

Image retrieved from
www.midnightplanets.com/web/MSL/image/00725/0725MR0030950000402845E01_DXXX.html

Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #7703 by dude
Replied by dude on topic SOL 969 Statue Parts
thanks badsneaker. you are always finding some good anomalies yourself. I am seeing what you are & looks like an animal of some kind. these people were really strange to spend this much time on things like this. I am going back to this one because like you say, there are objects all around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben evans, Badsneaker

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
7 years 2 months ago #7706 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic SOL 969 Statue Parts
Here are both of those images processed from the PDS DRCL .img files.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker, dude

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #7723 by ben evans
Replied by ben evans on topic SOL 969 Statue Parts
what an AWESOME!!!!! photo good eye brother, It sure makes me wonder just how old these thing are. I noticed a few other things as well, and marked them out. these are the ones that get me excited, as you can see that it was something at one time. I rotated the photo, and took a look at that dragons mouth, and it blew me away, just rotate it to the right one time, and take a look you can see the pointed teeth!!!! excellent find!!!!! thank you for sharing this with us brother...

benny67
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ben evans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badsneaker

• ben evans
  • live free or die
More
7 years 2 months ago #7725 by ben evans
Replied by ben evans on topic SOL 969 Statue Parts
what an awesome photo brother!!!!! I hope you don't mind, as I have seen some things I wanted to point out in your photo.. thank you for sharing this with us.. Ben..

benny67
Attachments:

• ben evans
  • live free or die
More
7 years 2 months ago #7837 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic SOL 969 Statue Parts
Ben I usually end up seeing more detail by rotating the image a bit. Thanks!!!!!

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: