file Mars Anomolies

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #6186 by Jim369
Mars Anomolies was created by Jim369
Hey guys

I am relatively new to the world of enhancing images but I think it is safe to say there are plenty of anomalies in this snapshot of an image I enhanced yesterday. It is quite incredible the amount going on in this part of the image and the background looks a little suspect to say the least! I have attached the original image.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

It surely isn't just me that sees this stuff!??

Cheers

Jim :cheer:
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jim369.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #6188 by dude
Replied by dude on topic Mars Anomolies
welcome jim, you have picked some good areas. you can go thru many images and sol's (days) and find nothing, but then suddenly you will see several anomalies that just do not look natural. I encourage you to watch many of WILL'S videos & you will get a good idea of what to look for. he & TODD are the best hunters out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd, Jim369

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
7 years 8 months ago #6190 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Mars Anomolies
Hello Jim, welcome. :cheer: A lot of bizarre stuff hanging around the "Pahrump Hills" for sure. The color noise in the raw browse jpgs can be confusing but it does look like there's some weird green object sitting out there. I'm not sure if there is a closer image of that scene but I'll keep my eye out for one. Some pretty weird stuff on that little hill at center left. We'll have a better look at this image when the raw .img file comes out in December. As for the name "Puhrump Hills", any Art Bell fans out there? The surrounding sol 1352 images are intriguing too.
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1352ML0064990020600473E01_DXXX&s=1352
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1352ML0064990010600472E01_DXXX&s=1352
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1352ML0064990000600471E01_DXXX&s=1352
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim369

More
7 years 8 months ago #6193 by Jim369
Replied by Jim369 on topic Mars Anomolies
Thanks for the comment Todd, There's plenty of peculiarities to ponder in this image as there are in many others also. I think it's undeniable that there was once a thriving civilisation on Mars due to the sheer amount of things which can't be explained by Mother Nature. I'm not sure what to make of the colour in the image but it is there in the jpeg so maybe Nasa is hiding more than we think! I have done a few more interesting enhancements which I will post shortly.

Cheers

More
7 years 7 months ago #6201 by Harry
Replied by Harry on topic Mars Anomolies
Hey Jim,

Welcome! I also think that's a great area and it has a lot of stuff going on. I created a few composites from the mastcam images which I find often helps sometimes piecing things together. The area you originally selected isn't easy to decipher since it's of in the distance and the clarity of the images don't help. As Todd states, there's a lot of noise but I agree it definitely looks like something could be there.

You can find more views here:
waslifeonmars.com/mars-sol-1352-composite-view/

I also found Sol 1353 to have many extremely fascinating anomalies as well.
waslifeonmars.com/mars-sol-1353-curiosity-1353mr00656100x-102x-image-group-anomalies/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim369

More
7 years 7 months ago #6365 by Jim369
Replied by Jim369 on topic Mars Anomolies
Thanks for the links Harry, some nice images! NASA sure don't make it easy to get much detail out of these images but the PDS images should be better I'm told. I haven't quite managed to work out how to get mastcam images from the PDS site though... any ideas?
The most recent images have loads of anomalies, it's hard NOT to see them!

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: