file THREE WHEEL VEHICLE

7 years 7 months ago #6148 by dude
THREE WHEEL VEHICLE was created by dude
mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/01431/mcam/1431ML0070710040602488E01_DXXX.jpg
this is an anomaly I found yesterday & posted in SOL 1431-9 IMAGES. this thing bothered me all night & I knew I had to enhance this in some way. I only use "edit with paint" to point, outline & add text to the anomalies I find. I started erasing around this shape and the object emerged much more clear than before. this method allows your eyes to focus on details & shapes instead of what is around it. is this a "SMOKING GUN" class image ??? maybe one of you guys could add color focus out the blurring a little more.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #6150 by Harry
Replied by Harry on topic THREE WHEEL VEHICLE
Well here's my interpretation of the anomaly, it's not an easy one to figure out & I might be totally off base on it but I think something is definitely there. It looks like some kind of symbol on the end of it (top arrow) and also seems to have a shadow (bottom arrow).

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Harry. Reason: added a larger image and a more comments

More
7 years 7 months ago #6160 by dude
Replied by dude on topic THREE WHEEL VEHICLE
thanks for your reply. I am very disappointed that you cannot "see what I see" as Will says. I thought it was as clear as we get. oh well, this just shows me that many others " never" see what we point out on the anomalies. I totally believe these different views are based on your personal experiences thru life & the different things each one of us have seen thru life. I keep telling myself that to keep me from just quitting this hobby completely!

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More
7 years 7 months ago #6161 by Harry
Replied by Harry on topic THREE WHEEL VEHICLE
Don't quit the hobby. B) Even going back and looking at several times I see different things and think maybe it's not what I thought at first. IMO, that anomaly is very difficult to discern due to the colors, depths, angles, etc. We don't even know if parts have been edited out. Keep up the good work.

Here's a interesting image on perspective:

At first glance it looks like a lake in the picture but it's really a wall. It really give you an idea of how things can play tricks on you. :)

Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #6163 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic THREE WHEEL VEHICLE

is this a "SMOKING GUN" class image ???

I, personally, don't believe there is such a thing, unfortunately. The object is small and therefore the noise and jpg artifacts, etc., greatly affect it. I gave it a try, but it's a noisy image overall, so it's not much of an improvement. For better results, you may have to wait for the .img file release or for them to take a closer image of the object, which seems unlikely.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original
Attachments:

More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: