file BACK TO THE FUEL TRUCK

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2466 by Cruisedad
BACK TO THE FUEL TRUCK was created by Cruisedad
I just happened to run across this image and thought I'd see what I could find. Now everything I'm saying is of course my own opinion.
Well this is definitely "Uncle Jakes Auto Salvage Yard", as the whole image that I cropped is nothing but cars pilled on top of each other. These cars, as I've stated before, look a lot like our cars 50 or 60 years ago; that's not to say that the cars they use now are more modern-looking. The car that really stood out for me was the one I labelled 57 Chevy, Desoto, or the first Bat-mobile.
Now getting back to the original subject of this topic: the fuel truck. Looking closely at this vehicle, I'm going to call it a tanker, but it's not a large one, like that which refuel aircraft, or deliver fuel to your gas station, I think it's actually a lot smaller, and if I we're to guess it's probably a small tanker for collecting oil from the engines, gearboxes, and transaxles or rear ends of all these junked vehicles. There appears to be a humanoid pouring what I think is old oil out of a container and into the top of the tank while seeming to be talking with a little humanoid in front of him. The driver of the tanker is in what I'm calling the chariot, only because it kinda looks like one. The driver is one of these rodent looking creatures, who has a rodent head, but a humanoid body. He's partially behind a windscreen that wraps around the sides and front of the chariot, and is actually facing toward the tank portion of the vehicle, or towards the right, because that's the way I think it's driven. The chariot is attached to the tanker portion through an articulating hinge point. Instead of the wheels turning to control the direction of the vehicle, the two pieces rotate and provide steering. If you look at the very front, or to the right of the tank, it appears there is a blade attached to the front, which could be used to flatten an area out or shove old cars around.
In this image there are also several other humanoids and creatures as well as a lot of vehicles.
I've also included an image from my first ever topic in this form, which showed a similar vehicle with a gentleman driving it
sitting on the rear, and I believe it also used a two-part articulating steering system.
Take a look and see what you see ;) ;) ;)

Vehicle similar to tanker, with a blade on front, but configured with some other equipment.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Cruisedad.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2470 by mab
Replied by mab on topic BACK TO THE FUEL TRUCK
there is more to it than that one pic. The rear end of the trailer is laying on its side in the same picture but just down from the cab. You can see the tail lights and the bumper and the port holes where you fill the truck with aviation fuel. I worked on the flight line my whole life so when i tell you that that is a fuel truck it is!. take a close look at the rear end of the trailer and you will see it...... pull up a picture of a 1970s model fuel truck and the yellow one that comes up mostly resembles that one. the truck is in about 4 big pieces or more....... check it out please
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cruisedad

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2471 by Cruisedad
Replied by Cruisedad on topic BACK TO THE FUEL TRUCK
Hi mab, I'll take another look at it tomorrow. I'm a pilot and flew for quite a few years, earning my commercial rating. Also I served in the USAF as a crew chief for my term in the service, which included Vietnam in 69. One thing I know is I probably offend some people on this site, and believe me, if you knew me personally you would know that I try very hard to be a good and kind person, and yes I will look at the image in full again tomorrow and see if I can see what your seeing.Like Will said "You see what you see, and I see what I see". You know we wouldn't have a problem like this if NASA would provide us with images that were in focus, and not covered with NASA sand, dirt, and rocks. Anyway I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, but I'm seeing what I stated, which is really meaningless, because these images are so bastardized by NASA that I sometimes feel I'm seeing stuff created by Disney Pixar instead of what should be our trusted NASA....who knows.

Take care,
Dave

I'm the goofball on the right, and the other person is the owner of the company I worked for.The Baron you see is one of two aircraft we had for awhile, the other being a Cessna 182. Both planes were brand new, and fully decked. We had a blast, but the economy soured, and the planes, went by-by.
Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2474 by Cruisedad
Hi mab, Here's a close up of the tank that I think you are talking about. I don't know what to say, but take a look at it. It has an unusual-looking-like boom or nipple extending out the top, I'm not sure what its purpose would be. I'll look at the other pieces tonight or tomorrow.Take a look at the background and you'll see a wall of cars 4 and 5 deep. It's just amazing (for rocks that is.....of course). I see one that reminds me of a 1959 Studebaker Lark. By the way when I was fairly young, I worked at the local airport and drove a fuel truck, first a blue and white one that was Mobil Oil, and then we switched to Shell, and that was a very yellow GMC, so I'm somewhat familiar with fuel trucks. Of course, the ones I drove weren't the big boys, but I also fueled my aircraft in the Air Force, so I've seen a lot of those too!!
I just happened to notice that in the bottom right of the screen is what almost appears to be the front plate of a blower...like that on a dragster, and it's highly...highly...highly...polished or it may be chromed. There is a shaft protruding out the front of it, and a round polished or chromed plate attached to the blower plate. Now...don't get me going, because I can become a very sarcastic sob. Please NASA if this is part of the rover...OK, but please don't tell me it's a damn rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Todd, do you know if that's part of the rover and if so, who the hell is polishing it?

1959 Studebaker Lark

Labelled image

Same image with no labels - Actually there maybe two humanoid faces reflecting off the polished, or chromed surface.
Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #2485 by Cruisedad
Here's a cropped image of the tank below the cab. I rolled it over to take a better look at it. See what you think.
Excuse my poor outlining, but I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I'm seeing, and then you can look at the unlabeled image to draw your own judgments.

Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #2529 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic BACK TO THE FUEL TRUCK
Oh wow, NOW I see it! I'm glad ya'll are looking at it with the eyes of avionics personnel! A lot of the debris we see is unidentifiable to many simply because we don't have the experience with looking at a particular piece of equipment. LOL, I'm afraid I'm useless for looking at equipment then, I don't have a mechanical bone in my body. Thanks you two!

More
8 years 7 months ago #2535 by dude
Replied by dude on topic BACK TO THE FUEL TRUCK
from what I see in the last two images, with it laying on it's side, it looks to me like a vacuum/blower unit. probably to clear snow/sand just like we use to clear runways. your very first image of what you call a tanker is interesting but I wonder why it is so crudely built. I wonder is it like that to blend in and camouflage from some enemy?

• dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • retired mechanical designer.
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: