check Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?

8 years 8 months ago #2107 by Todd
This image was taken by Curiosity's right mastcam on Sol 1044 , showing yet another unusual debris field including what looks like the buried statue of a human man wearing armor or ceremonial dress, sporting a mustache and beard.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn, Cruisedad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #2121 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?
Nice image! Lot's of stuff in this one, found this:
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #2122 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?
Yes, it does look like a petrified segmented fossil of some kind, possibly a Martian annamite.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original
Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #2211 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?
"Annamite"? OMG, I just got that! Boy, am I a day late and a dollar short! LOL, yes, if it's Martian but we find it, don't we get to name it? One other thing, after looking at it some more, it also looks a little like a curled shrimp with the tail flukes missing. Nice name suggestion, I like it!

More
8 years 8 months ago #2214 by Jim Benson
Replied by Jim Benson on topic Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?
In the raw image photo, it looks like the head could be fairly large. There is also an interesting angular piece of debris in front of the face. All these tantalizing bits and pieces-wish we could see these before they were damaged.

More
8 years 5 days ago #4779 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Curiosity Sol 1044 Image, Human Statue?
Here is a version I processed from the pds raw .img file with enlargements below.

NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS Original browse raw jpg:
mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=1044MR0045730060204454E01_DXXX&s=1044
Attachments:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 days ago #4781 by ??
Above and to the right of the ammonite is a series of parallel lines extending from lower right to upper left of a slightly larger object. This could be anything. It is anyone’s guess.

My guess, my "high octane" speculation, is that we are looking into the side of a giant computer hard drive. The huge disks are stacked as if they were LPs1. Are they hexagonal? I imagine a HUGE hard drive made of hexagonal crystals, optical crystals that a laser beam shines through.

Have we found the libraries yet?

1 LP Record

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: