file The 30th Anniversary of the Fake Max Headroom Signal Intrusion

6 years 4 months ago #10645 by Todd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10649 by ??
Back then, for a little while anyway, my nickname was "Max Headroom." It wasn't until later that I acquired the nickname "Quasar," which became "Citizen Quasar" on the internet because there were already too many "Quasars." While many people think my nickname "Quasar" is short for "QUAsi-StellAr Radio object," I was actually nicknamed after a television.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ??. Reason: Corrected text. reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #10654 by Todd
Yep, my family had that exact TV in the early to mid 1970's.

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10660 by ??
A further bit of trivia about my internet moniker:

I was sitting there trying to figure out what to add to “Quasar” to distinguish it from all the other “Quasars” on the internet, most of them “Quasar” followed by a number. “I Quasar”? “Me Quasar?" An associate was there assisting me in hooking up my computer and getting on the inernet and he suggested “Citizen Quasar” and I went with that.

This guy used to brag that one of his almost-direct-line male ancestors was the last person ever to be burned at the stake. AND they burned him twice because he got a last minute pardon the first time.

I would mock this sometimes as we were more just acquaintances than friends and he would sometimes intentionally get on my nerves and I would tell him, “I understand why your ancestor was burned at the stake...twice.”
:evil:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ??. Reason: Removed text. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #10664 by Todd
Since "Citizen" is also a type of watch, your code name could be "Watch TV." :)

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #10667 by ??
'Good one. Thanks.

As for "Max headroom," I was at a keg party once and had w-a-a-a-y too many beers and nobody could get me to shut up so people started calling me that. Two or three months latter they finally stopped.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ??. Reason: Corrected text. Reset font.

• ??
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: