Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Todd
  • Todd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #1153 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Liquid Mercury at Teotihuacan Pyramid
That's interesting, Todd; I wonder if the presence of mercury could have tainted the water supply in the area? If people mysteriously began getting sick, and dying, I think it could contribute to it's people deciding to leave. Back then, they may have decided the area had become cursed. Cool article, thanks!

More
8 years 11 months ago #1154 by Todd
Replied by Todd on topic Liquid Mercury at Teotihuacan Pyramid
It seems intentional but perhaps the danger was misunderstood. They were probably not the only culture to do this. www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2015/01/flowing-rivers-mercury
Perhaps the mercury is part of, or the result of, some ancient technology we have yet to completely understand. :silly:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #1155 by Todd
It likely had to be processed in this form. Large amounts of mercury are rare and are generally extracted from other minerals, mainly cinnabar by crushing it and using heat. It is obviously a dangerous process.
www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/375927/mercury-processing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #1157 by Todd
Maybe they removed the mercury from sources they wanted to purify (perhaps natural gas, for instance), and took the excess mercury and created gold with it. ;)
myuci.net/uci-professors-create-gold-from-mercury-20121009
www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2015/03/mercury-removal-ionic-liquid-natural-gas

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #1158 by Badsneaker
Replied by Badsneaker on topic Liquid Mercury at Teotihuacan Pyramid
Yes!

"Lead! (or in this case) Mercury! Be Thou Gold!" And that, my friends, is how we make gold. A simple command from the King is all it takes. Oh yeah, and the Philosopher's Stone comes in pretty handy too.

There is no coincidence in the locations these "pools" of liquid mercury are being found in. This link shows the world map indicating sources of mercury. Notice where China, Mexico, and parts of South America show up on the list?

www.unep.org/chemicalsandwaste/portals/9/Mercury/Story%20of%20the%20Month/Map%20-%20ASGM.JPG

Great post, Todd. This is a topic near and dear to my heart, been studying this for some time.

Badsneaker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

More
8 years 11 months ago #1163 by Todd
Thanks Badsneaker. I'm beginning to suspect that the hollow chamber beneath the Sphinx may be the start of one of these mercury rivers, leading NW to the great pyramid. :huh:

• Todd
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More

Featured Article Of The Week:

Click Here To View Article / Video / Enhanced Images

YouTube User:  WhatsUpInTheSky37 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck by the YouTube channel and to all of our admins and forum users here on the channel.   They really have kept the website current while I have been busy taking care of things in my personal life.   I promised that the next video would be a long one and have a LOT to look at.  You can get lost in these Gigapans and I really hope that you do!  I spent a lot of time stitching these together and making sure that they were the best quality that I could get them.  SOL 1448 really has been a goldmine for anomaly hunters and those people who are just hobbiest.  I really hope you enjoy this one and expect much more to come from the latest batches of images!

top1top2top3top5
mid1
bot1bot2bot3bot4bot5bot6
verybot

Follow Us:

Logon: